‘Not A Moment Too Soon’: Medical Pros Celebrate Atlas’ Resignation As COVID Adviser | Talking Points Memo

You can bet peer pressure is at the root of this. The guy is a pariah and a quack.

3 Likes

I don’t think he’s with the university itself but the Hoover Institution. Not certain what the process would be for it to get rid of a “Senior Fellow.”

4 Likes

Scapegoat. And we paid him.

1 Like

As i say above, he is with the Hoover Institution at Stanford, not the university/

1 Like

And once Rudy finishes up all the winning for the campaign he will become the dotards new medical advisor.

1 Like

I agree with both statements. I watched many residents go through training. The system weeds out those with empathy and kindness, and rewards those with cold, detached nerdy medical approach. Marcus Welby and the kindly doctor from the British “Midwives” TV shows no longer exist, if they ever really did.

3 Likes

Scott Atlas retirement party deemed a big success. Champaign all around. Atlas leaves to spend more time with family.

2 Likes

“Doctors and health experts celebrated Dr. Scott Atlas’ resignation as the President’s COVID-19 adviser on Monday…”

Sure, sure – it’s all balloons and confetti.

Until they realize his replacement is LOU DOBBS!!!

17 Likes

A lawyer for Biden’s transition team, speaking live on MSNBC, said Atlas “should be drawn and quartered, taken out at dawn and shot.”

Imagine the reaction to that.

10 Likes

There are so many atrocities from the Bush Jr. reign of error that have just gone down the memory holes of 99% of Americans. Forget the past and repeat it in even worse ways. Bush set the table for the dotard.

7 Likes

A friend who is a psychotherapist was hired by a prestigious medical school some years ago to teach a class on empathy. It didn’t last long because so many students complained it “wasn’t medicine.”

10 Likes

How would they feel about an ice floe?

5 Likes

I take your point, but it’s a bit of a technicality since the Hoover Institute is under Stanford’s umbrella, and Atlas is still considered faculty at Stanford even if he is no longer teaching classes.

2 Likes

That’s slightly more extreme than I would advocate. How about we start with revoking his medical license for gross incompetence and finish with his conviction in our own Nuremberg trials for crimes against humanity? Dr. Mengele got away with it, but we could bring this vile man to justice. https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/josef-mengele

3 Likes

Couldn’t Trump have renewed it?

I read a comment on Raw Story suggesting Altas was placed in his position at the WH because he has experience reading post-stroke radiographs. His speciality is neuroradiology. And he did come onboard around the time of trumpp’s Walter Reed inspection. Makes more sense than hiring him for his pandemic management skills with his credentials.

11 Likes

Good riddance.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. I worked with many like that. However, I must add that there were actually decent empathetic ones I worked with. Almost invariably, they were from outside the US. Evidently, foreign medical schools still value those traits.

2 Likes

“Too good for him”?

3 Likes

Probably, but he has the attention span of a gnat, and would expect to get paid for it.

Also, Atlas may have become dimly aware that his gravestone will be inscribed with “herd immunity”.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available