No One Will Be Safe From Trump’s Retribution Tour

I’m ready for today. Got plenty of Jiffy Pop ready to get on the stove!

13 Likes

Hmmm.
Lisa Rubin reports from the courthouse in NY

As I sit in the courtroom, one of Chris Kise’s colleagues just handed the principal law clerks an enormous stack of binders. Usually, that would signal that a party had filed a motion with voluminous exhibits. Let’s see if that’s what it turns out to be….

29 Likes

Can’t anyone say “Frist” anymore?! Atrios must be rolling over in his grave.

13 Likes

Missouri Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft (R), a candidate for governor, implies that if voters enshrine abortion rights in the state constitution he’d have to resign as governor rather than violate his oath of office.

Why stop there? He should leave the country and move to somewhere that totally prohibits abortion.

I hear the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is nice in the fall. He’ll like it there.

43 Likes

WaPo identifies former Trump DOJ flunky Jeff Clark as “leading the work on the Insurrection Act under Project 2025

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

23 Likes

Nah, I like to read the MM first before I comment. If I’m first it means I didn’t get a chance to read everything, and other’s haven’t had a chance to say something. I’m waiting for 2 things right now: More comment on Mark Meadows being sued by his publisher, and just WTAH are Johnson and his son doing monitoring each others porn intake.

I made a semi-serious but extremely demented argument Friday on how Meadows’ publisher could frame and win the court case. As others have stated, there is just something extra special creepy about the porn comment.

30 Likes

I’m strongly anticipating that Trump will win and that America as we know it will end in about a year.
Hopefully I’m safe here in Massachusetts, but it’s not a certainty.

Biden should retire and let a primary start up, and his refusal to do so might screw everyone, just like RGB refusing to retire from the SCOTUS even when she was very ill, and her seat was going to go to someone who would reverse everything she’d ever done for America. Biden is doing that same thing right now.

Isn’t unspent Covid funds the reason why Florida is flush with cash?

18 Likes

Conspiracy to Defraud the United States? Maybe?

42 Likes

“Hey Pop! That Deep Throat sure was something else!”

“Yeah and Debbie Does Dallas was the bomb, son!”

19 Likes

El Salvador is closer – they JAIL women who have miscarriages.

6 Likes

Rupar:

Zelenskyy wraps up his Meet the Press interview by saying “we are not ready to give our freedom to this f------ terrorist Putin.”

Zelenskyy speaks better idiomatic English than tfg.

40 Likes

TPM: Trump’s Violent Rhetoric Echoes The Fascist Commitment To A Destructive And Bloody Rebirth Of Society

===

I am old enough to remember learning that violent Fascist movements emerged from failed nations with horrific problems like bloody civil wars, famine, invasions, widespread poverty, post-war devastation, etc.
Will this be the first time the most successful and powerful nation in the world, riding it’s world-beating economy and position, succumbs due to minor inconveniences, phantom problems, and hurt fee-fees?

52 Likes

But with more zeal added, and less incompetence.
I do wonder if Speaker Johnson will burst into flames if he’s near Donnie? A man of such virtue and Christian strength may not be strong enough to handle being in the presence of Satan’s spawn.

26 Likes

I should have been first, and to protest my not-first status I am wearing this red kerchief which I first donned at the start of the pandemic.

32 Likes

If the majority of voters are bound to vote for a miscreant that’s one thing, but if he wins through a combination of skullduggery, including voter suppression (gerrymanders are already built into the system) and another electoral college win, we could be in very grave trouble. Actually, who am I kidding?, we’d be in trouble either way. Mrs VH thinks that his dying from natural causes soon would save a host of problems and I’m beginning to agree. Unfortunately, my guess is that he’ll probably live into his nineties. We will have to loin our girds.

30 Likes

From my perspective, the fact that they dumpster dive for these bad ideas is the most conservative thing about them.

10 Likes

You want a ‘friend’? Get a cat!

3 Likes

NYT/Siena Poll: President Biden is trailing Donald Trump in five of the six most important battleground states (Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada and Pennsylvania).

So I know that Americans are mostly stupid, spoiled and lazy, but I cannot understand how record unemployment translates to a bad economy in some peoples’ addled brains.

25 Likes

I think more incompetence, but also more sinister and “banality of evil” shit.

21 Likes