Neo-Nazi Leader And Girlfriend Charged Over Plot To Attack Maryland Power Grid

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland announced in a press conference on Monday that a neo-Nazi leader and his girlfriend are being charged for allegedly plotting an attack on the Maryland power grid.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1447338

Sorry about the earlier snark, this guy is seriously dangerous

Sorry, no pheline photo

16 Likes

Neo-Nazis, feel my wrath!

24 Likes

Thought I was first…you can borrow my cat.

14 Likes

Thank you

10 Likes

Or this one who is kind to mice…

catmouse
Or even this one but he’s camera shy…

15 Likes

So, we’ve come to this: neo-nazis trying to bring on civilization’s collapse and you all respond with cat photos. Sigh.

18 Likes

The Nazi gent thought he was gonna “destroy Baltimore completely” he said by damaging a substation or two. Not likely. Now he’s earned himself 3 hots and a cot. His lady friend as well.
I prefer to approach this base stupidity with some light humor. But really it is serious because this nut is not alone in his rabbit hole.

27 Likes

Here’s the two cat’s photo.

18 Likes

Trumpism, the demagoguery going along with it, its tangential relation to the truth, its whole-scale acceptance by the GOP and its normalization by sectors of the Press have played a part in our present situation.

23 Likes

“The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland announced in a press conference on Monday that a neo-Nazi leader and his girlfriend are being charged for allegedly plotting an attack on the Maryland power grid.”

Is it me or is the above male chauvinist, implying that the man is the brains behind the operation?

7 Likes

This is a good read

11 Likes

Bog-standard Republicans.

8 Likes

Supposedly he wasn’t all that gung ho about the plan until his girlfriend said “Let’s Go, Brandon!”

/s

18 Likes

I’m actually right there with you. Didn’t mean for my post to sound too serious.

21 Likes

At least my cat was willing to fight the neo-nazis.

12 Likes

In the film The Blues Brothers, the makers got into the phenomenon of Nazism. It was dealt with in a humorous slant, designed to evoke laughter.

But that was before these types of events.

All of us are lied to each other in the sense that we all–in some way–are dependent on the infrastructure these individuals seek to harm. There is an irony in this:

Even a cabal of 1%ers is vulnerable no matter how much dirty $$$$$$ they shovel into their fascist political dens

15 Likes

The article mentions “The Ermentraut Move” of shorting out the transformer with mylar balloons.
What’s up with balloons with attitude now?

14 Likes

I guess ‘Let’s go, Brandon’ is entirely inappropriate here, but someone had to say it.

I hope we have some kind of defense in place for all the retribution power grids will experience due to this arrest. Doubling down is really all they can do, huh?

5 Likes

Russell met Clendaniel — who was in a Maryland prison facility for robbing convenience stores with a machete— while they were serving their sentences at separate prisons, according to court documents.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available