Mulvaney Insists Trump’s Rhetoric Can’t Be Blamed For El Paso Shooting

White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney insisted on Sunday that President Donald Trump’s racist rhetoric doesn’t play a role in kind of white nationalist violence that may have led the El Paso shooter to open fire at a Walmart and kill 20 people.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1240292
1 Like

36 Likes

It’s my hope that, if Mulvaney manages to dodge indictments altogether, he starves to death on the breadline in the post-Trump era. He’s f&cking toxic: Miller-esque, but less visibly repugnant.

38 Likes

Why? is there something in article ii? sitting presidents can’t be blamed for inciting violence?

Wanna bet they blame Nancy Pelosi when they hear that Dayton, OH shooter was a registered Democrat.

3 Likes

White supremacist says fellow white supremacist is not a white supremacist.

–News at 11.

27 Likes

Sure Mick,

15 Likes

CNN asked Bernie if Trump was white nationalist, he replied yes.

6 Likes

Mulvaney’s so full of shit his eyes are brown.

9 Likes

Mulvaney is in desperate need to have his eyes checked and a new prescription for glasses.

4 Likes

Mulvaney is in desperate need to have his brain checked and a new prescription for brain.

12 Likes

Mick Mulvaney needs to take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.

11 Likes

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

Mulvaney is so persuasive that I almost half-considered thinking about believing him for a negative microsecond . . . . but no, just no.

1 Like

19 Likes

Sure, mick, whatever you say. You’d be saying the thing if donnie himself had pulled the trigger. Nothing can be The Manly Leader’s fault.

2 Likes

And Sarah Palin’s “2nd Amendment solutions” rhetoric can’t be blamed for the attempted assasination of Rep. Gabby Giffords that killed several bystanders.

15 Likes

Trump cannot fail.
Trump can only be failed.

6 Likes

Foolish kid. Going to El Paso, when if he had just driven up to the panhandle, would have an ironclad defense that the President made that legal.

3 Likes

Usually by his brain, mouth, fingers, and the inability to control himself.

4 Likes

Go Joaquin!

He’s actually my favorite Castro twin. hahahaha

7 Likes