Morning Memo: Were Dem Lawmakers Swept Up In Trump DOJ Leak Probes Incidentally? | Talking Points Memo

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.

The Trump DOJ’s subpoenas to Apple that ensnared House Intelligence Committee Democrats Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Eric Swalwell (D-CA) were part of a leak investigation into a senior aide on the committee, not the congressmen, according to CNN.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1378424
1 Like

Somebody should send this article to Joe “We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Infrastructure”
Munchkin.

23 Likes

“Were Dem Lawmakers Swept Up In Trump DOJ Leak Probes Incidentally?”

Um, is the Pope Muslim?

20 Likes

Fox News Tucker Carlson is a treasured source for some D.C. journalists,

Life is meaningless and full of pain.

11 Likes

perfectly captures the essence of Tucker

10 Likes

What a load of bs. Of course Barr’s DOJ knew who the subpoena was for. AG Garland needs to clean up this mess toot suite.

18 Likes

parasite

11 Likes

Even if they were swept up incidentally at first…

Under Sessions, the investigation found nothing and slowed to a halt. It was Bill Barr who resurrected it for Trump, and made it positively political.

17 Likes

Were Dem Lawmakers Swept Up In Trump DOJ Leak Probes Incidentally?

No, but I am sure they nodded towards plausible deniability. Or to put another way, incidentally is doing some heavy lifting on the situation.

10 Likes

Remember when Steve Erkel would whine “Did I do that?”

(at least Erkel was humorous)

7 Likes

Bundy running for Idaho gov?
We have two border crisis in Washington.
Canada won’t let us in and we can’t keep Idaho out.

25 Likes

Sure. So the initial investigation was on the senior aide to the committee, so zero reason to suspect that that person might have the cell phone numbers of his bosses and be in touch with them…

19 Likes

If the trump DoJ “sweeps up” data on Members of Congress it ain’t incidental…

18 Likes

In an interview with Axios, Hill signaled regret over her resignation and pointed to how embattled male politicians like New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) and Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) have refused to step down.

She’s right. I recently discovered that Scott DesJarlais is still in office. Nothing she’s accused of even compares to the least egregious allegations against him.

28 Likes

I’m having a hard time believing that it “incidental[ly]” swept up info on MOC, and (I know you’ll find this hard to believe) on members that TFG hated!

6 Likes

Reason one why the darr house folk don’t drink tap water. We get drinking/cooking water from a local outfit that does several extra purification steps. We use a water tower that sets up with 5 gallon jugs. That way we reduce plastic use.

9 Likes

the committee does “not support his antics or his chaotic political theater”

Seems a bit inconsistent since the committee didn’t have any trouble supporting the antics and chaotic political theater of what’s his name.

13 Likes

The thing is all the pipes will have to be replaced. If they’ve been sitting dry for so long who knows what condition they’re in.
And it’s a vicious circle, business isn’t going to come if there isn’t reliable infrastructure, but you can’t build reliable infrastructure when you don’t have the taxpayer money bases to pay for even a part of the construction.

14 Likes

Since when is doing bong hits while having a threesome considered an accusation? That’s something to brag about.

8 Likes

Maybe some folks have a stronger sense of what is right or wrong. Admittedly I don’t have the background on Katie Hill’s situation. A whole lot of politico’s of both parties leave their personal values and sense of honor (if they ever had any) at the door.
Maybe I’m just way cynical.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available