Mnuchin Attacks Greta Thunberg, Says She Needs To Study Economics | Talking Points Memo

“Mumbles” Mnuchin needs a remedial course in economics too, plus a refresher in manners and ethics. And humanity.

23 Likes

Because its all about the money
Profit before environment
AMIRITE dicknose?

16 Likes

Because our kids and grandkids will eat and breath economics.

12 Likes

A person who thinks that massive tax cuts for the ultra wealthy will pay for themselves via increased economic activity is the one who needs to study economics, not Greta. It’s the person who thinks that the benefits from tax cuts for the uberwealthy will tinkle down on the hoi polloi who needs to study economy 101, not someone who understands how to evaluate evidence and to think critically.

35 Likes

Keep getting under their skin Greta! Watching old white dipshits get taken to school by a teenager is awesome.

31 Likes

Quite a juxtaposition of personalities.

On one hand, there’s an egomaniacal in-way-over-their-head adolescent with nothing better to do than attack serious people around the world who are working on grown-up solutions to the most pressing issues of our time.

On the other hand, there’s Greta Thunberg.

27 Likes

stupidest fucking country on earth

13 Likes

Well thats why they wont do anything about global warming, its because they are Lizard people, its so obvious.

9 Likes

Well if she did she might not come out of it the same. One of the under the radar places the right-wing has cemented itself in has been our universities economic departments. Many have been outright bought by right-wing think tank ‘donations’, and many of the courses are influenced or even provided by right-wing orgs.

Right now most of our nations economic departments are reliably turning out morally absent people who view other humans as only a cost/benefit equation and these people are one of the reasons our economy is rigged for the rich. It’s on purpose, and it’s one of the many institutional things liberals need to start addressing if they want to take this country back.

17 Likes

I know this is crass, but what a dick.

13 Likes

I think you are missing the point. At a certain time the rich will have accumulated all the money, at which point it will trickle down to the masses when we start eating these bastards.

5 Likes

There’s real economics, and there’s rethuglican economics. Never the two shall meet.

5 Likes

I’m confused, too. Is Australia literally on fire? Have there been a variety of devastating weather events worldwide increasingly for years? There have been? Oh. Then fuck you, Mnuchin, you hypocritical piece of shit.

23 Likes
12 Likes

Well, I think there’s other countries that are vying for the title, looking at you Boris, but none of them have the capacity to do as much environmental damage either absolutely or on a per capita basis

Damage = Total stupid people x ability of each stupid person to do damage.

So China may have many more stupid people than we do, but on average, each stupid Chinese person has a diminished capacity to do damage compared to our average stupid person.

7 Likes

Clearly environmental catastrophes have nothing to do with economics… :roll_eyes:

17 Likes

Well it will only get worse now that Trump has loosened all the clean water standards.

5 Likes

12 Million Americans Believe Lizard People Run Our Country

You mean they don’t?

5 Likes

My understanding is the reinsurers don’t love them, actually. :laughing:

5 Likes

I am willing to put money down right now that this isn’t the first time that Munchkin has had his ass kicked by a teenage girl.

20 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available