Meadows Brushes Off Trump Incitement Of Deadly Insurrection: ‘Let’s Get On’ | Talking Points Memo

Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows joined Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Wednesday in slamming the second impeachment trial of former President Trump by dismissing the gravity of the deadly insurrection at the Capitol earlier this month that Trump incited.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1356977
1 Like

Just add “It” and he could be channeling Marvin. :nauseated_face:

10 Likes

I agree. Trump pleas guilty in the impeachment (and again when charged criminally) and we can all move on.

17 Likes

OH NO! You kept the Benghazi Circus Tent up for four years. It hasn’t even been four weeks since assholes following your orange leader sacked the Capitol.

25 Likes

Thought experiment: someone punches Mark Meadows in the face, then tells him to move on, draw a line under the past and work towards unity instead of pointing fingers.

19 Likes

As I mentioned earlier re: Cruz, Meadows is beginning to feel the heat of the Feds closing in. As with Cruz, these people are so stupid they believe by deleting the voice and email messages to supporters encouraging insurrection they are home free.

21 Likes

Meadows has the Trump ShitStain forever on his withered soul. Expect that Wingnut Welfare will come to him soon for his “service.”

7 Likes

A criminal co-conspirator who helped plan a violent putsch says what?

23 Likes

I think what I want most is a statement or whatever proclamation Congress does, that states,

The 2020 Presidential Election was fair and accurate as attested to by a multitude of judges at state and federal levels including Supreme Courts. The FBI, DOJ and DHS Cyber Security also confirmed a fair election. The Electoral College and the US Senate have verified the results. Biden won.

If they want to talk about healing, unity and moving on then the first step is to acknowledge the truth. How many would vote yes? If not, don’t they become complicit to criminal conspiracy?

12 Likes

No more arguing about who killed who…

21 Likes

Marky Meadows seems to be a young earther, and had an issue with not reporting an income stream to congress, from a creationist dinosaur park (you can’t make this stuff up). Might explain why he jumped out of a safe House seat: https://www.salon.com/2020/12/27/mark-meadows-has-skeletons-in-the-closet--dinosaur-skeletons-to-be-precise/

15 Likes

Mark Meadows is no longer relevant. He has no position in government at this time but wants everyone to just move along as if the attack on our democracy did not happen. Over two plus yrs, Republicans conducted at least five investigations into the Benghazi attack with endless hearings. Fast forward to January 6, 2021, at the encouragement of the then sitting President, a mob of Maga hatted insurrectionists stormed the Capitol with the intent of overturning the election. Five died including a member of law enforcement. But hey sure let’s just forget it ever happened.

18 Likes

I’m starting to see a pattern here, Garland v ACB being the most outlandish, but then the Republicans just had to go and top their outlandish behavior with more outlandish behavior. Pretty soon all that they will have left is “the Right is Might, so We’re Right”.

10 Likes

Let’s get on!

9 Likes

It has. https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1356944

4 Likes
5 Likes

Just another reason why witnesses must be called at the up coming impeachment trial.

9 Likes

All the more reason for him to keep his mouth shut.

Oh, and also lawyer up.

12 Likes

He was glued to morBotus pant-leg like a clingy puppy for the last six months of his term. He heard and knows things.

11 Likes

The surviving members of Monty Python are going to send a Cease & Desist letter if this keeps up.

12 Likes