McDaniel Struggles To Energize Trump Supporters Convinced Of Fraud To Vote In GA Runoffs | Talking Points Memo

Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel on Saturday flailed in efforts to persuade Republicans to vote in the Georgia Senate runoff elections, telling voters seemingly resigned to loss amid misheld beliefs about election fraud peddled by President Donald Trump that “it’s not decided” what the outcome will be for GOP contenders in the Peach State.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1346634
2 Likes

They made the bed, they can lie in it.

55 Likes

Give it up, -minus Romney.

That Fat Man has sung.

Georgia gonna rise again.

For the Democrats.

29 Likes

I am concerned that this is an attempt to make the Democrats over-confident and then blow it. The odds are for the Republicans.

30 Likes

Ronna has this horrible problem.

She has to say Donnie’s election was marred by fraud and isn’t over yet.
She wants to take credit for House-level gains and leverage that for the Senate races.
Both of those events happened on the same ballots in the same races.

Oops.

61 Likes

Come on, Ronna, you’re almost there. Trump lost fair and square. You can say it.

It’s sad, but also hilarious, that while Ronna is trying to convince their base that there wasn’t any malfeasance in the Georgia elections, crazy lady Powell is filing a lawsuit against Kemp, Raffensperger, and others alleging the exact opposite. Misspellings, faulty logic, and all. And I’m not sure the media is capable of pointing this ludicrousness out.

43 Likes

45 Likes

Well of course there was widespread fraud and it will happen in the runoffs so don’t even bother voting. The same will be true for any future elections so stay at home and watch football games on the tube being played in empty stadiums and never vote again, ever.

49 Likes

At least one voter on Saturday parroted a false claim that voting machines changed votes that favored the President…

McDaniel pleaded with disillusioned voters unable to acknowledge Trump’s loss and skeptical of officials in their own state.

“I never thought angry mobs with torches and pitchforks would torch and pitchfork ME,” sobs chair of Angry Mobs With Torches and Pitchforks Party.

(h/t Leopards)

104 Likes

Says the Rethugs, if we can’t have Dump we don’t want anybody. Poor, poor pitiful them. Hope they maintain the attitude it will help the Dems dramatically.

24 Likes

One of my concerns is the voters who voted Libertarian. The Libertarian in the Perdue-Ossoff race got 115k votes. Will they shift mostly to the GOP candidates or will they retain their purity by not voting?

24 Likes

So does she restore her name on 1/20? Just asking.

27 Likes

She is going to continue on perfecting her inner Huckabee so she has a future in the GOP. She already has the physique.

22 Likes

Ooh, mean, mean, mean.

9 Likes

“How are we going to miss money and work…

There’s an opportunity for some bipartisan action right there.
(…but it sailed right over Miss Ronna’s head)

5 Likes

Whether or not Perdue and Loeffler win their respective races, they should both face an investigation by the DoJ as well as the Senate Ethics committee, as Senator Burr did, for engaging in various corrupt activities.

53 Likes

I would love it if Trump/Trumpers trashed McConnell’s hold on the Senate.

20 Likes

Considering how red the state is normally, the odds are not good for team blue - but both GOP candidates are in increasing trouble over their insider trading. How to make people care about that is a question.

Meanwhile, https://youtu.be/bMbgC6YYkys

16 Likes

You’re just trying to get my hopes up.

lucy-football

6 Likes

Fleas and all!

4 Likes