McCarthy Uses MTG Motion To Vacate To Spill Some Tea On Matt Gaetz

Because if one House R can manage to vacate the Speaker, they derail any progress on passing aid to Ukraine?

4 Likes

Gee, who to believe?

3 Likes

And a door that locks from the outside.

5 Likes

If this is supposed to make McCarthy seem more likable, it failed. He’s still weak and cowardly. He can’t clean the stink off himself after he RAN down to Florida to kiss Trump’s ass after Jan 6th. He doesn’t like the Perpetually Drunk Fratboy, but who cares? McCarthy is just a different type of ick.

11 Likes

Doesn’t have to be sound-proofed, though - would be kinda fun to hear the thumping and banging… :smirk:

3 Likes

Hey, hey, hey, hey…they did manage to pass the last piece of the FY2024 budget, and Empty Greene filed a non-privileged motion to vacate. I’m sure they are in dire need of a 16 day Easter break./snark

Pretty clearly motions in the House go by a different set of Rules of Procedure than Roberts’. Under Robert’s Rules motions are privileged or not privileged by virtue of the nature of the motion. For example, a motion to adjourn is (1) always in order and (2) must be taken up immediately. Under Robert’s Rules if you add a bylaw that says the motion to vacate is a privileged motion, then it is a privileged motion and must be taken up immediately.

What is confounding is that Robert’s Rule were supposed to be based on the House rules of procedure.

So, as usual, I don’t understand what Empty Greene is up to. I kind of doubt that she does understands what she’s up to, either.

3 Likes

Crimeys gonna crime.

2 Likes

I was hoping to read about how McCarthy spilled hot tea onto Matt Gaetz’ crotch tho

5 Likes

Thunderdome! Two men enter, one man leaves.

In this scenario, who is Auntie Entity?

2 Likes

Do we hafta tell 'em?

1 Like

Yes this article reminded me how much I dislike McCarthy. He was clearly willing to promise anything to everyone to become speaker. I find it totally plausible that McCarthy promised to make Gaetz’s ethics investigation go away when talking to Gaetz, then reneged on that promise later to win someone else’s vote. It’s also plausible to believe that Gaetz is engaged in a revenge campaign based on his overweening sense of entitlement regardless of what he was or wasn’t promised or whether he upheld his end of the deal or not.

3 Likes

Unpleasantly surprised to read the term “showed his ass.” Not the usual Talking Points Memo style and I hope it does not become a common thing!

May I politely but firmly disagree? I too took note of the reporter’s language.

It illuminates her report in the blunt terms of popular political discourse today. I appreciate straight talk and memorable images.

3 Likes

Crude language for crude behavior. Gaetz wanted that one vote ability and McCarthy, for some reason, didn’t think Gaetz would use it to protect his own ass.

When Liz Cheney tells the story, Kevin isn’t going down there to kiss Trump’s ass. This is after the attempted insurrection when corporations stopped giving money to the GOP.

He was there to get a funding lifeline for his House buddies by tapping Trump’s network of donors.

The ass kissing was part of the quid pro quo.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available