McCarthy Suggests Schiff Responsible For Strike | Talking Points Memo

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) suggested that if House Intelligence Chair Adam Schiff (D-CA) had been “trying to protect us from what was happening in Iran,” President Trump wouldn’t have authorized the strike that killed top Iranian military official Qasem Soleimani.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1283069

We’re gonna need a few more good Democrats in 2020!

If you want to know what public offices are available to you in your community check this site. Enter your ZIP code to see open offices: https://www.runforoffice.org/

Become a Precinct Committee Officer, sometimes it’s a Ward officer. You’ll meet with neighborhood Dems and get out the vote. Find good citizens willing to run for office. Check with your local party Chair.

Run for School Board. Make sure Civics is being properly taught. Think a majority of America knows how government works? Just 26% of eligible voters in America voted for Trump, and over half of all eligible voters just stayed home in 2016. Today’s 17 and 18-year old’s will be voting for President this year. Are they ready?

Run for Mayor, City Council, County Commissioner, Borough Assembly. Get appointed to your Planning Commission. Know everything going on in your community.

Run for State Legislature or Congress. The 2020 census starts this year when we redraw Congressional Districts. Stop the GOP-led gerrymandering that keeps Jordan and Gohmert and King in office!

Register people to vote. If you need to help people overcome the GOP-led Voter run-around help them do that. The GOP fears a level playing ground and they brag about voter suppression. To see your state’s voter registration requirements look here: https://www.vote.org/voter-registration-deadlines/

Download and print copies of this Federal Voter Registration form, valid in all 50 states and all US Territories. If you’re a US Citizen you can help any other US Citizen register to vote. Instructions are on the form: https://vote.gov/files/federal-voter-registration_1-25-16_english.pdf

This site, https://www.aauw.org/resource/organize-a-voter-registration-drive/, has a how-to on organizing a voter registration drive or just sitting outside Wal Mart with a folding chair and a card table.

Civics, Civility and Civilization share the same roots.

You Got To Run!

11 Likes

Shut the fuck up, Kevvie. You’re out of your element,

15 Likes

More stupidity suitable only for FOX viewers drooling on their sweaters and wearing their made-in-China MAGA caps indoors.

18 Likes

I think the Bakersfield Flash has been eating the soil around the oil pumps again.

18 Likes

anyone chance this asshole loses in 2020?

3 Likes

Poor fellow. Looks as stupid as he is.

8 Likes

I don’t say this about all Republicans, although an argument might be made for so doing: McCarthy seems to be profoundly stupid.

21 Likes

if the House intelligence chair didn’t focus so much on impeachment, then Trump wouldn’t have authorized the strike against Soleimani.

Looks like the dumbest man in the House* said the quiet part out loud.

* today’s winner so far

41 Likes

Up is down. Down is up.

Imagine saying things like this without a shred of embarrassment.

19 Likes

I don’t want anyone to get hurt in the blowback, but to the extent that Iran and its allies retaliate–and they will, of course, because mideast–I sincerely hope that it’s targeted at non-civilian targets and leads to minimal human casualties, and guided by the realization that this was Trump and neocons’ doing, not the US or the west as a whole, and that anything they do that could help him get reelected or otherwise hold onto power would ultimately backfire for them and play into his hands.

It’s time to get past this whole endless violent tit for tat cycle nonsense that helps no one but autocrats, demagogues, bad leaders, zealots and oil, gas and armament firms. Since the current US regime can’t and won’t do that, perhaps Iran might. I doubt it, but who knows.

6 Likes

Oh right, this dweeb is around

1 Like

GOP lying to create a reality for their base.

Lying liars & the lies they tell.

Smdh

5 Likes

Isn’t McCarthy admitting (albeit unintentionally) that Trump only ordered the hit as a response to - and to deflect from - the impeachment action against him? What a moron

43 Likes

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) suggested that if House Intelligence Chair Adam Schiff (D-CA) had been “trying to protect us from what was happening in Iran,” President Trump wouldn’t have authorized the strike that killed top Iranian military official Qasem Soleimani.

Unbelievable. Schiff made him do it?! This is just beyond batshit crazy. McCarthy is one of Murrica’s “elected representatives?” Really, I want to retch.

21 Likes

I didn’t know the GOP was making a sequel…

I will say they have an excellent cast…

3 Likes

Don’t forget this moron lost his chance to be Speaker because he admitted on camera that the Benghazi hearings were being done to affect Hillary’s poll numbers.

26 Likes

I don’t care if I agree with your basic position. this is spam — it has no relation to the topic, and you’re putting it everywhere.

so its been flagged.

2 Likes

“See what you’ve made me do? I wouldn’t have to hit you if you didn’t make me - why do you make me do that?”

8 Likes

There seems to be a concerted effort on the right now to blame the Dems for the Soleimani assassination. They’re working the refs in advance of the inevitable Iranian blowback that Trump was too stupid to foresee when he ordered this clusterfuck.

14 Likes