McCarthy Claims GOPers ‘Embrace Free Thought And Debate’ While Announcing Vote To Ax Cheney

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) announced in a letter to his GOP colleagues on Monday that the House Republican Conference will be voting on whether to oust Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) as conference chair on Wednesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1373402
1 Like

Debate all you want. We know how it will turn out.

“Unlike the left”

Oh yeah, and a little projection for good measure.

29 Likes

Kevin McCarthy is peddling pure, unadulterated, stinky, rotten bull shit.

30 Likes

“unlike the left, we embrace free thought and debate about which people we need to censure."

16 Likes

As long as the thought is pre-approved by Beloved Leader and the debate is about who loves him the most.

39 Likes

Actually, Qevin, GQPers tend to embrace minors, mistresses, and conspiracies.

22 Likes

“McCarthy claimed that ‘unlike the left, we embrace free thought and debate’ — as he was laying out the process of stripping someone’s leadership role for not falling in line with the GOP’s false narrative…”

George Orwell was an optimist.

65 Likes

Doubleplus good on that one!

16 Likes

Cancel Culture at its finest.

16 Likes

“unlike the left, we embrace free thought and debate”

As long as it fits in with Trump’s thougts

10 Likes

That is not the same as, “just asking questions” which the right incessantly uses when attempting to cover their asses when placating to their lunatic base.

12 Likes

Oh yeah Kev…you were fed that line…c’mon…admit it.

2 Likes

By Debate I presume it’s the discussion of whether trump is merely the Second Coming of Jesus, or whether Jesus was a fraud and it’s trump that’s the real deal.

30 Likes

Obviously there can’t be any change until they go all the way to whatever unimaginable situation will represent the bottom. I thought we were close in Jan, but his bunch won’t settle for the mere bottom of the stinking cesspool. I’m thinking there might be some “this is year zero, we’ll torture you until you confess to being unloyal” stuff ahead.

4 Likes

Kevin McCarthy (R-Dumbfuckingokiefornia) was described by a writer at the Bulwark as “an empty suit full of ambition and lacking a spine.”

I think the writer was being generous.

14 Likes

Kevin McCarthy gets more and more delusional every day. If he truly believes this, then he has gone completely over the edge, and it is he who should be removed from leadership.

But then who would lead the Republican conspiracy? . . .'tis a puzzlement.

7 Likes

It’s only Cancel Culture if you lose your position by inciting or enabling insurrection.

8 Likes

I often wish there was a Jesus, and that he would return now. After he finished vomiting from disgust maybe there’d be a show worth seeing.

9 Likes

OT

Trae pulls no punches
29 Likes

Despite empirical evidence to the contrary …

Next up, Weedpatch’s wisest will explain the Guardians Of Pandemics’ love of all things Science.

7 Likes