Mattis Roasts Trump By Invoking Bone Spurs, Meryl Streep

Mad Dog, from one canine to another, it’s time to bite Trump’s hand. If it’s too small to really sink your teeth into, go for his belly. Earn your nickname.

19 Likes

Bingo!!!

1 Like

We’ll have to rely on Adm. Raven.

Will he make Mattis eat crow?

Also, looks like Devin Nunes’ Cow has “leaky” teats.

Gotta cherry-pick those leaks! Trump twitstorm ahead.

15 Likes

I find Jim Mattis grating. I think he’s a holier than thou hypocrite. I’m sick of old white men claiming to have the country’s best interests at heart but then not stepping up to do anything about it because, God forbid they find common cause with liberals and people of color and their old buddies at the local bar might not want to sit next to them while they shoot the shit with Fox News blaring in the background. F**k him.

The guy resigned because of Trump’s intentions on Syria. We’re now seeing the whole thing play out and he can make jokes but not testify in Congress? One of Obama’s great achievements was to reassert control over the conservative generals and push them to think differently about the role of the military. Even conservative folks like Mattis bought into what Obama was doing in Syria, Iran. It’s called strategic diplomacy.

But now, all of these people are tribalists. They all talk and say the right things sometimes but they do nothing because they don’t believe in this country if it means it’s not white and conservative. Fk him again. I don’t want to hear another f*ing thing from Jim Mattis unless he’s testifying in front of Congress in open session and telling us everything he saw and observed that led to his resignation/firing.

62 Likes

The dachshunds agree. (And they will help with the ankles.)

17 Likes

The Miniature Pinschers are all in. They’ll cover exposed toes and insteps.

12 Likes

Moi, I start from the position that military is co-opted early on and stays there, so I can’t be disappointed or confused when any of its upper echelon remains quiet.

Of course, with a Democratic president, they’ll grumble loudly for all to hear.

And as long as any of them need to qualify that they don’t like Democrats but can’t stand what this reprobate Republican criminal is doing, then it doesn’t matter at all.

13 Likes

Amen. Thank you for saying it better than I couldever say it !

4 Likes

And as long as any of them need to qualify that they don’t like Democrats but can’t stand what this reprobate Republican criminal is doing, then it doesn’t matter at all.

When I read that comment in the McRaven article it confirmed my distrust and disrespect for the military brass as a whole. It takes treasonous behavior on the part of the president to get them to think about calling him out for what he is but yet they have to slam a liberal while doing it.

16 Likes
25 Likes

You’re no Meryl Streep, Mr. Mattis.

18 Likes

I always go back to Collective Behavior and Social Change.

WHO STANDS UP TO THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS PLANET? WHO DECLINES TO TWIDDLE THEIR THUMBS AND WAIT FOR OTHERS TO FALL DEAD, IF NEED BE, BEFORE LOOKING AT THE WEATHER VANE?

In Order, they are:

(A) The Courageous
The adjacent to the Courageous
The quasi bold
The Herd
The Hesitant
The Stragglers
The Hold-outs

Each of the above apply to the Trump-ship-jumpers.

MOST PEOPLE are in the HERD and that’s just the Way it Is for people moving away from the cataclysm that is Trump.

Gender is Irrelevant
Age is Irrelevant
Rank is Irrelevant

That’s why most people are not leaders. They FOLLOW…And the real clever Bullshitters manage to HIDE their place in (A) above

ETA I am so impressed with those who Do try to make a difference. It is so easy to be cynical and enervated when faced with what is, essentially, a Cyber Pearl Harbor, the enemy instead of the Japanese, being the people we’ll sit opposite from on Thanksgiving Dinner. This enemy, moreover, has overwhelming resources and–until Barr is stopped–the “Rule of Law”

2 Likes

The Beagles are on board too!

6 Likes

Welcome to the Omarosa/Scaramucci/Michael Cohen/former-Trump-acolyte-turned-pissy-backtalker club, General. For a moment there I thought you might have had something valuable to contribute. Let us know when you publish that gossipy tell-all book which bravely shares eyerolling-but-mostly-irrelevant observations that won’t dissuade any of his current supporters from continuing the travesty of his presidency.

14 Likes

The Beagles can go for the knees.

6 Likes

Agreed. I honestly think Mattis was one of the people who joined the administration in service to his country, because he thought he could protect the country from the crazy man. Well, now, it’s time to do exactly that by telling Congress all he knows. I get that military men are loathe to speak out against their CiC, but this is about saving the country. That’s what he supposedly signed up to do, so now is the time to do it. Either speak out or remain complicit.

33 Likes

The Basset Hounds, and Sniffons will distract with belly scratch requests while the rest of the troops move into flanking positions.

12 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

In 2021, Comedy Central should host The Roast of Donald Trump, and have all the speakers be former administration officials like Mattis. Trump himself won’t be invited since he’ll probably be in a Manhatten jail cell.

8 Likes

I’m with you. Those jokes hurt Trump deeply and help to puncture the winner persona that Trump sold to the MAGA crowd. They will leave a mark on his delicate psyche. It also sounds like a shot across the bow of the SS Trumptanic - next time Mattis takes the gloves off. He is softening the battlefield first - that is what good generals do.

I’ve mentioned this before but this might be a good time to interview the 88 (!) retired generals who endorsed Trump in the 2016 campaign. Some may have died, some are lobbyists that will probably not comment, but there may be enough with something to say to write a pretty good article.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available