Mattis Roasts Trump By Invoking Bone Spurs, Meryl Streep

Fortunately we can count on the media to play the false-equivalency game without highlighting Kent’s concern was one of potential influence or access (and Biden was in no state to leverage that at the time), whereas Trump openly offers that influence. Good one Aaron!

1 Like

Right? Why didn’t McRaven gently suggest that Democrats aren’t currently betraying the nation, so he might want to rethink whom he likes…

3 Likes

giphy%20(25)

1 Like

Who knows? If he was pointing out trumps role in taking down the country he definitely isn’t unaware of the entire republican party’s part in the scheme so maybe he did. I’m just glad to hear him in particular speaking out so forcefully. Anybody want to try to diminish or malign his service?

Fine. But it wasn’t in the column. Where it needed to be. Why did a pinhead soldier rate getting to tell us how much he hated Dems without some spirited defense of all they’ve been doing to defend our democracy???

2 Likes

I guess, I don’t worry about the “pin head soldier” as much as I appreciate McRaven’s speaking out. I didn’t like the general’s comment or sentiments about Democrats but McRaven’s account showed that even the military brass is turning against trump. That’s progress but we’ll have to see how far it goes.
Personally, I don’t have a lot of faith in the military brass doing anything because of that chain of command I’ve been harping on. It’s a lot easier for a retiree to speak out than it is an active duty person. Just the way it is.

3 Likes

Maybe Mattis should have done his homework before joining the tRump Administration? Like the other generals joining tRump, Mattis let his ego write a check his ass couldn’t cash.

2 Likes

Trump needs actual bone spurs.

roasted

TheRealLucifer has no sense of humor.

This can mean only one thing:
Mattis is an “enemy of the people” who should be charged with treason … eh, Donnie?

2 Likes

I felt the best part of John Wick 3 were Hallie Berry’s pair of GSD’s going straight for everybody’s package. Furry, balls homing missiles, they were.

1 Like

Sadly those who would deserve that epithet would take it as a compliment.

Mattis and Kelly in my opinion have been overrated for years. Even as the severed they played the me, me, me game rather than do what was best for their commands. I believe things are coming home to roost and will be interesting if for once they actually serve the nation before themselves.

Coco wants a piece of the action, here. Who better to sic on 45* than a rat terrier?!

6 Likes

@lizzymom I hadn’t noticed that Lizzy is a cattle dog. I rescued a cattle dog back in the day. Best dog I ever knew! I got her when she was two and she lasted twelve more years. Hardest thing I ever did was let her go. Mine was blue but a cattle dog is a cattle dog. Lucky you! My latest dog I rescued when she was five or six. She’s a rat terrier.

About 75% are blue, the rest are reds. My first ACD (a rescue who made it to 16!) was a red, so I gravitated to reds the second time. I’m hoping Lizzy lasts as long as Daisy did — although 16 is well outside of the normal 12-14 years range.

They’re crazy dogs but I love ‘em.

1 Like

Oh, we need to get together and swap ACD stories! And let’s do it at your place so we can share Lizzy for awhile.

1 Like

That would be great — always room, but it’s a long trip. We live in Germany. Lizzy was actually born in Austria, so I call her my Austrian Australian. :grin:

2 Likes

Coco is adorable

1 Like

Thank you, Kat. Your pup is, too!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available