Manchin Whines About Treatment From White House Staff

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) on Monday complained about how he was treated by White House staff and applauded Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) for also “fighting the fight” in opposition to the rest of the party.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1398791
2 Likes

Manchin Whines About Treatment From White House Staff

Shut up.

43 Likes

Surely to God we can move one person, surely we can badger and beat one person up, surely we can get enough protesters to make that person uncomfortable enough they’ll just say ‘okay I’ll vote for anything,’ and just quit,” he said, characterizing the viewpoint of Democratic leaders.

“Well guess what — I’m from West Virginia,” he continued. “I’m not from where they’re from and they can just beat the living crap out of people and think they’ll be submissive. Period.”

What a whiny, little twit. I’m even more convinced this has everything to do with his ego. He doesn’t want to look as though he got bullied by the left into voting for BBB, so he’s willing to let millions suffer in order to prove his tough guy bona fides. What a massive POS! Hims hurt because AOC was a big meanie and now grandma can’t get hearing aides. That’s just cruel.

105 Likes

What a toddler! (no offense to actual toddlers)

How does he manage to waddle through life, particularly given his Trump-like girth, with such thin skin?

Stop moaning and grow up.

29 Likes

Given his wit, I would say it’s been at an end for quite some time.

23 Likes

Joe Manchin is the real victim here, you guys.

60 Likes

The recalcitrant, venal and poxy
Manchin, has the petulant moxie
To point out that you
Should give credit that’s due
To this dark-funded pestiferous doxy.

26 Likes

Note that the asshole isn’t wearing a mask, while spewing his breath in her face.

He’s a Republican, all right.

34 Likes

That’s for sure. I can hear his wailing from here. Poor Manchin, everyone is just so darn mean.

14 Likes

Well there’s a chance he’ll get sick. Booker and Warren already have.

7 Likes

Poor guy. Such a noble fight, and so little credit given. Life just isn’t fair, Joe. But although I’m just one person, I hope it means something to you if I say go fuck yourself.

64 Likes

It’s called compromise asshole, and it’s supposed to be at the core of your job.
In what world do you get things exactly how you want? That’s why you’re tanking this? No individual person should be able to prevent so many positive public policies.
We are not from West Virginia, and want to move fucking forwards. Prick

44 Likes

Interesting corollary - you would not believe the number of ads I am seeing in AZ extolling the virtues of Sinema for “standing up” to Democrats trying to ruin the country and urging people to tell Mark Kelly to be a hero like Sinema.

34 Likes

So no BBB. Biden should forgive all education loans except for multi millionaires and billionaires. About 40 million Americans owe money for their education that the last generation got for practically nothing. This would fast track the economy and give millions a chance to advance.

9 Likes

How do you like Senator CryBaby now, West Virginia?

16 Likes

Reposting:

From Jonah Goldberg. Good read.

15 Likes

Been happening since forever. I remember blizzards of ads with these two women talking about the government regulators making cars more expensive yadda yadda.

19 Likes

Serious question–Can President Biden accomplish this via Executive Order?

Also:

I came from a poor family and was the first to attend college. I can absolutely assure you that it was NOT practically nothing to us.

I am not against forgiving these loans, but let’s do stop with the notion that college back in the day was a financial nothingburger.

27 Likes

Disagree. But the egregious interest rates on student loans should be lowered to market rates. Would make a big difference.

11 Likes

Joe just put the X in Xmas. Joe also found a use for all that unwanted coal lying around in WV. It’s enough for every person in the US to get some in their stockings, not just poor families with children.

17 Likes