Lutsenko, Giuliani Tied Yovanovitch’s Ouster To Help With ‘Investigations’ | Talking Points Memo

The Ukrainian official who promised dirt to Rudy Giuliani said that he tied pressure for the firing of Marie Yovanovitch to the investigations sought by President Donald Trump.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1262970
1 Like

More evidence that Crudy Fooliani is corrupt to his teeth.

20 Likes

Why is Lutsenko underbussing Rudy?

12 Likes

“Before we do our little shakedown racket, get rid of the honest cop on the beat.”

The Trump administration is a combination of The Godfather and Animal House.

31 Likes

So Lutsenko is a lying sack of sh&t who makes our lying sacks of sh&t look like pikers, so this might just be posturing. But it’s also consistent with what happened. And from his point of view he’s right. An ambassador who was actually working toward the official US policy of fighting corruption was terribly destructive to the comfort of people like Lutsenko.

(Edited to fix accidental formatting)

26 Likes

At this point what good does Rudy do for Lutsenko?

4 Likes

It’s almost like there’s some kind of conspiracy…

Nah…

28 Likes

Lutsenko is like Lev Parnas – I don’t see any reason to believe them when they say stuff I don’t think is true – and I’m not going to consider them credible just because they say things I think are true.

13 Likes

I see it more as The Producers meets Austin Powers meets Plan 9 From Outer Space.

But with worse production values.

35 Likes

Another reference to coordination with Bill Barr. Again, why has he not recused himself from any actions or comments about the current Congressional inquiry?

26 Likes

Because no one will confront him and make him do it. He’s in charge here. No one else.

3 Likes

Man does this hoax have a lot of vivid details.

32 Likes

Guiliani is in this up to his eyeballs. My guess is he is urging Trump to pardon him as soon as possible.

Such a request is perilous for Trump and Guiliani. If pardoned, Guiliani is a witness against Trump who can’t invoke the 5th Amendment.

I hope both of them die in prison after serving many years.

17 Likes

Like soldiers who don’t get captured, trump prefers AGs who don’t recuse.

16 Likes

Devin’s Gate?

19 Likes

which according to Lutsenko started even before Barr was appointed.

10 Likes

Every morning – west coast – I read the insightful and often clever comments of my fellow TPM groupies. I also check Nate Silver. I ain’t seeing that needle move.

9 Likes

We can’t impeach a President using 17th hand recollections of events.

3 Likes

Words to live by.

6 Likes

With a dash of Visconti’s “The Damned.”

3 Likes