Local CA Official Prepares For Protesters To Swarm Her Home — Over COVID Mandates That Aren’t Real

Orange County Supervisor Katrina Foley is battening down the hatches. 

She’ll keep her family members inside, reassure skittish neighbors and do whatever else you do to prepare for anywhere from 50 to hundreds of protesters to descend upon your home. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1375553
1 Like

A truly brave woman to stay in local government.

35 Likes

The three have led anti-lockdown protests in Orange County and represent the new, hard right movement there, the LA Times reported. All of them were in D.C. for the January 6 insurrection.

I’ve made variations of this same comment before: They are few but they scream loud enough for all to hear.

35 Likes

Astroturfing by politicians, keep that in mind when gauging the increase in racism & polarization in the country. It is a grand divide and conquer strategy for politics until your country blows up.

15 Likes

Yep.

Kind of like the NRA, which really didn’t have all that many members (as proportion of the population) at their largest but screamed loud enough to make us feel like their numbers were at least 10 times what they were…

And they are still terrorizing us, even as they disintegrate.

These assholes will continue way beyond their sell-by dates. Somebody referred to them as Y’all Quaeda which I think is pretty damned appropriate, based upon their behavior.

30 Likes

“A lie can get around the world before the truth gets its pants on.” h/t

12 Likes

Use a pellet gun on anyone who steps on your property, and bear spray or a baseball bat on anyone who gets in your face.

2 Likes

Record low flu season: mask definitely do work, morans.

27 Likes

Who gives a shit if they’re passionate or true believers. They’re full of shit and should be treated as so. There is no reason to cave to the unreasonable. Their position is not rooted in reality and that should be all that is considered. Tell them they are wrong and if they persist in obstructing lawful public business use authority if needed to deal with them. Insurrection does not have to be a grand scale event. It can be a small county level act…but it’s still insurrection. For fuck’s sake treat it like that.

28 Likes

Hand washing and keeping a little distance helps a lot too. I find a mask helps a lot with dust and seasonal allergies.

If the former duffer had not been such a F’n Moron, and had simply let CDC and health agencies deal with Covid he would probably have been reelected. Fortunately he let the grownups take back control and stop his pandemic. Unfortunately at least a half million died and tens of millions infected with his insanity will be with us for a long time.

13 Likes

And if they complain, call it hugs and kisses.

5 Likes

Pro tip: Never bring a baseball bat to a gun fight.

5 Likes

Rubes! Ridiculous ignorant hate-filled morons
they’re

• “Y’all Qaeda”
  • “Vanilla ISIS,”
  • “Yee Hawdists,”
  • “Yokel Haram”
  • “Talibundy” and
  • “Meal Team Six”
12 Likes

“They are extremely passionate — some of them cry at the podium,” she said.

No, they are mentally ill and require treatment.

27 Likes

And immediately get mobbed by 650 other protestors who now add ‘you attacked us!’ to their list of grievances, and feel justified in getting violent, because they think you did.

13 Likes

CNN Smashes AZ Senate President’s Election Conspiracy Theories | Crooks and Liars

6 Likes
11 Likes

Just wait until these people bring up the origin of COVID-19. Now WHO wants to pursue another investigation into the lab in Wuhan. This is going to gin up that TFG was right.
Right or wrong TFG couldn’t handle, couldn’t focus on the important part, and then let the crazy spread and infect more than the virus.
And I again with TFG and these people the scream and shout about them, their neighborhood, city, or state interfering with their “freedom”, and yet I’ve heard nary a peep from them about the effects of COVID in the rest of the world. But then I guess the rest of the world doesn’t exist outside their personal existence.

8 Likes

Domestic Terrorism

6 Likes

In so many ways, these acts are just an extension of the Big Lie.

10 Likes