Kemp Goes To Bat For Voting Limits: Accuses MLB Of Caving To ‘Fear And Lies’ | Talking Points Memo

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) on Saturday accused Major League Baseball of submitting to “fear and lies” and aligning with Democrats while depriving Georgians of a paycheck over its decision to pull its All-Star Game out of the state over its new voting law.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1368102

Bring on the Georgia boycotts.

Money talks.

44 Likes

No more peach cobbler.

13 Likes

Call it the “Find 11,780 Votes” Law, since it’s practically making Trump’s attempted election interference legal.

29 Likes

Oh, Kemp, prepare for the mother of all snowball. It’ll be a snowball of righteousness rolling down the hill.

13 Likes

I could be biased here, but…this does not sound like good politics.

18 Likes

The only “fear and lies” I am hearing in this matter is coming out of Guv. Kemp’s mouth and the mouths of his confederates. Kemp is really good at sweet-talking racism and the denial of civil rights against non-whites, but his sales pitch is not working among people who respect the truth and the freedoms our Constitution guarantees. Keep up the pressure against Kemp.

26 Likes

Feeling the heat, eh Kemp? hahahahahaha

29 Likes

I remember snowballs, before the GOP decided that heat and melting glaciers were nothing to be concerned about. That’s something else they have ruined for most everyone: a white Christmas.

8 Likes

The longer he bloviates about this, the more he shows he has a losing hand.

15 Likes

He signs that thing and his troubles will just be getting started. It is going to be one lawsuit after another.

24 Likes

Hey Kemp, some of us still know how to read and we read your biased Jim Crow bill and could figure out what it was all about and it wasn’t making it easier for EVERYONE to vote. Keep standing up for this nonsense and see where it gets you.
By the way, should I pass you a drink of water?

9 Likes

I am surprised they showed their hands so quickly. If they had waited 12 months or more to push through their voter suppression efforts, it would have been difficult to mount a response. This, and their response to criticism from major corporations, indicate they have not thought through their strategies beyond a few months, if that.

21 Likes

swan

Think about it Kemp. Isn’t cancelling votes the epitome of “cancel culture”?

27 Likes

Whenever someone tells me that there is no such thing as a beta male, I show them a picture of this fucking disgraceful exhibit.

7 Likes

He has all of the conservative Georgia legislature on his side.

We have Stacey Abrams.

We should be gracious winners.

25 Likes

:smile: Etiquette dictates. hahahahahaha

8 Likes

I was just about to ask you, do you think this crap is going to stand up in court, or is it their forlorn hope?

2 Likes

Georgia, very early in its history, banned slavery but changed their minds later on, when it became economically advantageous to have slaves.

“General James Oglethorpe, the earl of Egmont, and the other Trustees were not opposed to the enslavement of Africans as a matter of principle. They banned slavery in Georgia because it was inconsistent with their social and economic intentions.”

They lost that battle but it is ironic that the voting right issues are focused mainly on GA.

11 Likes

That law was designed to specifically screw over the citizens of the Atlanta Metropolitan area. Everyone else getting screwed is gravy to the GQP.

14 Likes