Judge Who Temporarily Blocked Trump’s ‘Muslim Ban’ Slammed With Death Threats

U.S. District Judge James Robart was hit with so many credible death threats after temporarily blocking ex-President Donald Trump’s “Muslim travel ban” in 2017 that U.S. marshals had to be stationed at his home after his address was posted online.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1361251

Deplorable.

16 Likes

This was the foreseeable result from Trump’s intemperate language. It is one reason why he should have never been elected and why no one like him should ever be elected again.

17 Likes

Robart said Trump had a “right” to attack his decision, though he believed that criticizing judges themselves was not acceptable.

If Robart really thinks Trump could/would thread this needle, he’s far too stupid to be a federal judge.

9 Likes

And why a vote to acquit him in the Senate trial was indefensible.

16 Likes
16 Likes

‘Trump had a “right” to attack his decision’…maybe to ‘question’ it but ATTACK? No. Although I DO remember Obama questioned the Supreme Court once and every Republican and Deplorable supporter lost their sht…but of course, they also did that when he wore a tan suit…

2 Likes

Or just too naive.

1 Like

They are all looking forward to the Rump’s speech at CPAC; the ratings thing. They need him badly and not just the mainstream and right wing media.

8 Likes

This judge is just one victim of these attacks. We’re in one helluva fix as a country when it has come to this. Remember the Mafia assassinating prosecutors in Italy a few years back? The FBI has to make a major effort to identify and prosecute those who make these threats.

12 Likes

It seems we begin every day by asking: “What are Republicans losing their shit about today?”

8 Likes

Go figure…

3 Likes

leaving this here

7 Likes

They seem to be ordered to lose their shit today what they agreed to yesterday.
State Senator Regan (R PA) went south to Gettysburg to hear Giuliani lie, no mask.
Now he is having a Townhall on COVID vaccine.
WTF does he believe?

2 Likes

If Republicans are loosing their shit everyday, or even a couple times a week then I think it’s time for them to talk to their doctor.

3 Likes

Ironically, the bow tie does not help his credibility.

As has been shown (if you want the reference respond here and I’ll give it), there are only two types of people who can get away with bow ties: clowns (of course), and college professors. Everyone else wearing a bow tie looks stupid, if only subconsciously.

He received approximately 40,000 angry messages, and 1,100 of them prompted investigations, according to “60 Minutes.”

You know, it’s funny but I don’t remember hearing about any charges and arrests for these offenses under federal law during the Trump administration.

9 Likes

Another fine piece of work from the “we only like Democracy and the law if we win” dept.

2 Likes

and when he put Dijon Mustard on a hamburger.

The Horror. The Horror.

2 Likes

Elitist prig…doncha’ know.