Judge Unwilling to Delay Stone Sentencing Amid His Retrial Bid | Talking Points Memo

A federal judge appeared unwilling to delay a sentencing hearing scheduled for Roger Stone later this week, amid an effort by Stone to secure a retrial in his case.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1291731
1 Like

Judge Jackson is causing a lot of men around her to lose their minds.

65 Likes

Fighting the good fight. More of this please. Everyone who stands against the orange menace strikes a blow for justice.

39 Likes

Dear Roger:

Flip now, ratfucker.

28 Likes

Holy shit. She just made me a very happy man.

15 Likes

Can’t wait for Twit-in-Chief to start flinging his feces on this one.

11 Likes

But he still will not go to jail at this point. Justice?

8 Likes

The WaPo reported this morning that an association of federal judges is calling an unprecedented meeting to address Drumpf’s attempts to intimidate a foundational element of our democracy. I think unleashing the beast may have consequences they could not imagine.

I hope one of them is that Judge Berman will either revive the initial sentencing memo or go the max on his crimes.

23 Likes

Put Stone in prison and reserve a cell next to him for Trump.

20 Likes

I have a feeling the judge is not going to be influenced by Donnie Dirtbag’s temper tantrums.

33 Likes

He won’t ever go. Combover Caligula will pardon him without a doubt.

Justice is that he is and will remain a convicted felon. I’m afraid that’s as good as we can do in today’s America.

17 Likes

Here’s hoping she can keep to the sentencing guidelines and not let the criminal in chief and lowBarr intimidate her.
Send this idjet to jail already.

18 Likes

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson said she’d delay the execution

YES? YES?? YES???

…of the sentence until after the retrial request was resolved.

:unamused:

68 Likes

Since the impeachment testimonies, I swore I would never again tell anyone to grow a pair; I’ll tell them to grow a vag. Judge Jackson is reaffirming my conviction.

19 Likes

This hearing lasted only 15-minutes, but it sounds like she’ll stick to the original sentencing guideline of nine years.

29 Likes

Here is the thing we have all sorts of people in jail fighting for a new trial, why will he able to stay out of jail while waiting to see if he can even get a new trial?

13 Likes

Quoting old Helen Reddy song here: I am woman, hear me roar.

16 Likes

image image

:joy: :joy: :joy:

@littlegirlblue

29 Likes

… and, in other almost news, Trump’s face turned an oranger shade of orange.

24 Likes

unsubstantiated claims

Trump’s Big Band, featuring Big Bill Barr on the Coverupophone.

23 Likes