Jack Smith Probes Whether MAL Video Was Tampered With

Black and Brown people tend to be far more religious than the average white person, and there’s a certain erasure that goes on when people pretend that all Christians are white nationalist Christians. There’s a whole world of people who are liberals precisely because of their Christian faith. We are certainly not helped by pretending Rev. Sen. Warnock and people like Rev. Barber don’t exist.

16 Likes

“I haven’t made any decisions regarding charging, at all, at least none that I’m willing to make public at this time,” Atlanta District Attorney Fani Willis said Tuesday.

Guess the word “imminent” means something very different in Georgia than in the rest of the world.

3 Likes

For the “defense” lawyers to peruse…Tarrio and the others "had no specific plan… why then the zip ties and pistol on the hip?

Proud Boy armed with a pistol and carrying zip ties… He intended to take hostages.There is video of the Proud Boy contingent entering the Capitol as an organized group that looks like they’re executing a plan. I believe they were looking for Members of the House or Senate to seize, tie up and hold as hostages to disrupt the election certification process. This is the reason they were convicted for obstruction. which carries a 5-8 year penalty, depending on details. That they planned to stop the process of the transfer of power as a group is seditious conspiracy (up to 20 years in prison plus a hefty fine)
They have been convicted. This was no “drinking club” talking big without any intention to act on their BS. They had explicit plans that they carried out. And there is no Constitutional right to obstruct the process of certification of an election they disagree with. It just Does. Not. Work. That. Way Mister “defense lawyer”.

12 Likes

Not smart, Kevin. Just as you force thousands of people out of work.

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen

@NoLieWithBTC

Kevin McCarthy has quietly implemented a pay raise for members that could be $30,000+ per person. It circumvents the Constitution by instead reimbursing their rent, utilities, & meals. While complaining about the debt and voting to cut veterans’ benefits.

19 Likes

Do you think Donnie knows how to scuba dive? That may soon be the only way he will get to enjoy his properties.

The man already has no friends. 'Twould be a shame if he soon had no accessible properties.

1 Like

This is my personal opinion as a woman, and not necessarily as a moderator –

I hate the phrasing that was flagged, and I cringe every time that I see someone refer to Lindsey Graham in this way. Using my gender (and the gender of half the world’s population) as an insult to describe a man whom you hate and whom you think is vile and compromised disparages all women. It’s the very definition of misogyny - using our gender as an insult.

Would you use an opposite race in the same manner? Would you refer to Lindsey as African American or Asian to denigrate him? I would hope not.

I would hope that we are better than the other side.

Just my personal two cents.

@garrybee

17 Likes

I will never forgive you for making me imagine Trump wearing a skin-tight scuba outfit.

2 Likes

And again it’s projection. I’m pretty sure trump took bribes - he just assumes everyone does…

2 Likes

You are right about the Lindsey thing. I’m glad you wrote your personal feelings. They will be respected by me.

10 Likes

I think it’s the wealth and power they didn’t anticipate. That a single deranged individual could possess so much wealth that they could bankroll an army of hostile think tanks for generations.

The Constitution aimed to make We the People the only legitimate source of political power. What very few administrations have considered is that this creates a positive duty to de-fang rival power centers as they emerge, before they can pose a threat to the sovereignty of the public. Since economic power is naturally adjacent to political power, this means the Constitution mandates a ceiling on economic power, i.e. hoarded wealth.

Because democracy cannot survive the sustained onslaught of outrageously wealthy scum bags who view democracy as an impediment to their own wealth and power. And history has shown that this seems to be the natural end state for most people who become that rich.

4 Likes

All 5 were convicted of obstruction of an official proceeding, which carries a 20 year max penality, the same as seditious conspiracy.

7 Likes

I thought the lawyers told him to get out of town so that there would be no angry Judge Kaplan.

1 Like

For what it’s worth:

Mueller, She Wrote

@MuellerSheWrote

·

59m

To pre-empt the weird rage machine: it will take months to sentence the proud boys. That’s because multiple filings have to be made, along with probation interviews. In the meantime, they’ll likely remain in pre-trial detention. Enjoy the W.

11 Likes
9 Likes

And those are the people you see pushing back. The black church is much more robust and vocal in trying to live their word. And if there is truly a part of the that Dominionist / Reconstructionist path that I hate more than anything it is the alienation they build by destroying the community that religion could bring. So yes, I would exempt Rev. Sen Warnock and Rev. Barber from my criticism, Jimmy Carter too, but these stellar examples of faith, fortitude and charity are not enough to stem the tide of sects dedicated to excluding everyone else and making their lives more miserable.

Then again, I wouldn’t say I’ve been successful either.

1 Like

Certainly could be, although Trump can make anyone angry from 5000 miles away. Like he just did. So there’s that.

4 Likes

Using the oaf creepers trial as a reference, convicted in November, to be sentenced this May. So about six months.

7 Likes

Makes sense, she may have said C - I know she modified it. She has a whole bunch of musical instruments that look like Scottish octopus, I know small pipes and Uilleann in there but am not an expert - as well as saxophones and flutes and things. So probably not war pipes - but she plays those to.

Remember back on 1/24/23 when Ms Willis said charging (or indicting) people related to the trump case (and my assumption at the time was this included trump) was imminent? You corrected me as to if it was charging or indicting people and I have forgotten what your correction was. I think Fani brings her charging information to the GJ and they decide on if indictments are warranted or not…
Imminent
Now it seems delayed well into the summer/early fall if then at all…ever. There is a newly empaneled GJ that will serve two months as I understand it. The dates take the process beyond this GJ and into the next one.
Good grief.

Imminent.
It would be nice if trump could be charged, tried (with all due process) and a decision as to guilt by the time his celebrates his 80th birthday in 4 years.

1 Like

The bagpipe drone tone is a raspberry with a Scottish accent.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available