‘It’s Got To Stop’: Biden Swipes At Perdue Over His Racist Mocking Of Harris’ Name | Talking Points Memo

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden threw jabs at both President Trump and Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) during a drive-in campaign rally for their tactic of mocking Democrats amid their re-election bids.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1340903
1 Like

Thank you Joe for offering up some decency in the face of such a lack thereof on the other side.

26 Likes

Decency vs. racism.

18 Likes

“When the Carney show goes through town…”

Yup, pretty much sums up this administration for me. I kinda love when Biden talks like this, don’t care a whit if some think it’s too old-timey.

27 Likes
34 Likes

When the Carney show goes through town the first time and people find out there’s no P under any of the three shells

Neither P nor Pea nor Pee, I would imagine.

The “Carny show” analogy is very apt – Donnie the Barker and his cast of freaks.

15 Likes

these guys try to degrade everything and everybody

The genetically-superior are degenerates.

1 Like

Perdue is a true Trump living racist scumbag. I hope Ossoff beats him next week.

12 Likes

“Three weeks into the term and Joe’s shot – ‘Let’s go Kamala…’”

Asshole knows about Cesar Sayoc, he knows about the Michigan plot to abduct or kill Governor Whitmer. This incitement to violence against one’s opponent is really something a non-complicit FBI would address.

22 Likes

Trump also refuses (because there is no way that he hasn’t been told) to pronounce Kamala’s name correctly.

8 Likes

Inciting murder is an indictable offense no matter one’s job title.

16 Likes

He is also an incredibly weak candidate, but he is the sort of “boring white bread” that conservatives in Georgia like.

Still, I wish Ossoff had a bigger lead.

9 Likes

Isn’t Perdue a Senator? Kamala Harris is one of his colleagues. He certainly knows how to pronounce her name.

And he’s running for the Senate and he thinks playing bully to the crowd is a way to voter’s hearts? What a dick.

19 Likes

"When the Carney show goes through town the first time and people find out there’s no P under any of the three shells, the next time it comes back it doesn’t get very much attention.”

Just as a matter of fact: In every shell game in history there has never a P under the shell. There may’ve been a pea, maybe even a bean, but never a P.

16 Likes

Was going to say, it’s a pea, not a P.

3 Likes

Sadly not the least bit surprised by this. The man is off his nut.

13 Likes

I liked that also, but as for whether it’s too old-timey …

“But look, it doesn’t take long for people to figure out when the game is up. When the Carney show goes through town the first time and people find out there’s no P under any of the three shells, the next time it comes back it doesn’t get very much attention,” Biden said. “Well that’s what the Trump administration has done.”

You can literally C where the writer had no clue what Biden meant.

23 Likes

I hope he beats him, (pause, takes a deep breath) a lot.

3 Likes

But her name is not the only word he mangles.

3 Likes

I’d like to point out to the former Governor and now Senator from Georgia that Senator Harris won the race for District Attorney for San Francisco which at population of over 750 k in 2002, and won state wide election twice as AG of CA with a population of 37.2 m in 2010, and senator from CA in 2016 with a population of 39 m.
So Perdue your stats are won the senate race in GA with a population of 10 m in 2014. And I’ll add while he’s been a senator from GA, GA has lost 7 m in population.
So who has garnered more votes in their public careers, hmm?

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available