In these dark times... DIY emojis

Preppers have been raising chickens for eggs, canning their own food, and sowing their own clothing out of Hemp… but little did they know that the dark times would come in the form of needing to make our own emojis by hand.

In times like these, we must band together. I offer up a few basic emojis to get us started. Please include your own, and be sure to provide a definition so that we all can relearn the basics and survive in this new, rugged, emoji-less environment.

To make matters worse, traditional hand-typed emojis are automatically co-opted into the void, such that the standard smile is no longer available. We have to be creative. A smile must be something like :- ) with a space between the eyes and mouth.

Old standards:

:- )
smiling

:- (
frowning

;- )
winking

:- P
sticking tongue out

Others:

=-o
surprised/shocked

:-*
kissing

O:- )
innocent

@:- )
baldie with a comb-over

(!)
asshole

(?)
dumbass

[: |]
robot

:-{
dude with a mustache

8 Likes

-_-
Sigh with eyes closed

o_O
Surprised eyes

:-D~~~
Drooling

:-P~~~
Thbbbt

:->
Smirk

>:->
Evil smirk

B-)
Cool/Sunglasses

:’-(, :,-(
Crying

:-/
Confused

¬_¬
Shifty eyes, (also seen defined as unamused, though I use it more like a tongue-in-cheek indication)

3 Likes

7:^)

Ronnie RayGun

1 Like

For folks using an updated Win10 PC for posting, I’ve been digging the newish built-in emoji feature, too.

Windows Key + . (period) = emoji menu. :metal:

2 Likes

Is there an emoji which indicates that I wish to remain ambiguous about my intent or can we still do that by shunning emojis?

Asking for a friend, :confused:

2 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

emojis are working.
Cowboy hat face, anyway…but I’m disappointed that the skin tone feature isn’t working.

3 Likes

I always preferred Kurt Vonnegut’s rendition…

ETA - I know it’s not an keyboard emoji, but it was easy to cut and paste.

5 Likes

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

3 Likes

Never looked at that option.

Is there an Irish bleached white?

2 Likes

I’m waiting for one with freckles.

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be.

2 Likes

Pardon the O/T but I’m watching them setting up the barriers on the National Mall for The Fourth of Trump and you came to mind as one of the few who would appreciate this.

They have laborers working around the mechanized equipment with bright shiny new cheap ass safety vests.

But they are not the OSHA-mandated ones with five-point tear-away releases.

I thought you would appreciate that @yoopertj,

Apologies to the OP for the digression.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried that, yet…

:woman:t6::man:t5::adult:t4::girl:t3::boy:t2:

2 Likes

Our long emoji nightmare is over?!?!

:smirk:

2 Likes

Not that I’m a racist, but any pattern to ethnicity?
Sound like temps.

Maybe from Home Depot.

1 Like

Actually they were white guys that I saw.

Not that I’m a racist either but I had an eye out for exactly the same thing because, well, we know what the deal is and how these things can get subbed out.

1 Like

The skin tones are working. It doesn’t change the smiley/crying/winking faces though. It only changes the people and body part emojis.

Here are babies in every color!

:baby: :baby:t2: :baby:t3: :baby:t4: :baby:t5: :baby:t6:

2 Likes