In First Biden Confirmation Vote, Senate Approves Haines As DNI | Talking Points Memo

The Senate confirmed Avril Haines to be director of national intelligence in what was the first confirmation vote of the Biden administration.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1355809

Cotton… wanted follow up from Haines on a question about prosecuting CIA officials for their involvement in torture programs. He lifted his objection after Haines “clarified in a private setting that she had no intention to open up those investigations and expose operations officers inside the CIA to criminal prosecutions or adverse employment action,” Cotton said Wednesday.

First bitch slap of the administration.

Guess cotton needs some other tactic to get in front of a camera.

7 Likes

Maybe raise his fist shoulder high, while wearing a tight suit that only lets the wearer raise their fist shoulder high? I think that’s a thing now in Republican Congressional circles.

9 Likes

OT And The Hits Keep Coming …

Trump faces a new indignity: expulsion from Hollywood’s biggest union.

The national board of SAG-AFTRA voted to find “probable cause” that Trump violated its constitution, a step that could lead to his removal from its membership, the union said in a statement Tuesday.

Poor bastard. He gets less respect than Rodney Dangerfield.

ETA: Even if he is expelled, however, Trump won’t lose the pension linked to his membership if the charges are upheld, and he can continue to work on SAG-AFTRA organized productions.

As if anyone would hire him. LOL

19 Likes

His dad had to tie a pork chop around his neck to get the dog to play with him.

18 Likes

I guess there goes his pension.

Well damn should have read the article first.

3 Likes

He’s trying to distract from the fact that he was giving aid and comfort to the insurrectionists.

9 Likes

Their own fault, they were asking for it, what with having a constitution to violate and all.

6 Likes

Making dinner, I was cutting more of those damned onions…

image|690x388

Here’s to you Carl!

14 Likes

Won’t be the last time a professional replaces someone with no experience other than being a trump loyalist.

11 Likes

Social abuse and indictments. The trump version of winning

5 Likes

He called the suicide prevention line, and they put him on hold.

Evidently, not long enough.

4 Likes

And here I thought that prosecuting people for torture was a good thing.

9 Likes

So… she defended torturers?

3 Likes

Who are the 10 fuckers?

On the phone calling for UNITY?

4 Likes

Cotton said Wednesday.

It was all Cotton-head holding both sides of his press conference, finally resolving his own pressing issues.

1 Like

Nice. One qualified person. Baby steps.

1 Like

He lifted his objection after Haines “clarified… that she had no intention to open up those investigations and expose operations officers inside the CIA to criminal prosecutions"

Why am I not surprised that the top priority of a Republican is to protect torturers?

3 Likes

No pain, no gain.

2 Likes

Hannity’s hair looks like a buttcrack.

Someone should call the Guinness Book people. Two buttcracks on one head has got to be a record.

4 Likes