How The Newly Revealed ‘Eastman Memo’ Fits Into Trump’s Election Theft Conspiracy | Talking Points Memo

Yet another crucial piece of the Trumpian conspiracy to steal a second term in office has been made public. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1388072
1 Like

This all looks like Orville Wright making a TransAtlantic flight in 1903.

22 Likes

This sure smells like a coup d’etat to me. And it stinks to high heaven of the criminal Donnie Trump and his buddies. DOJ, are you listening?

79 Likes

“Eastman, Trump and Pence discussed their options."

Time to get Pence under oath.

97 Likes

Look: I understand

• cross every “t”
  • dot every “i”
  • S.O.P.
  • presumption of innocence

…and so forth

But the TrumpWorld criming is so bad, it’s like charging grains of sand at Coney Island…each grain with a lawyer.

Oh…and Milley and Pence should have date with Nancy

36 Likes

He’s mentioned in the Eastman memo.

62 Likes

The greater significance — “an archaic political system.”

Thread:

Good thread about latter day “redemptionists.” It’s not just about Trump. Trump was the maypole, not the revelers dancing around it.

44 Likes

So Who’s John Eastman?
… Eastman had previously clerked for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas

Oh, so definitely not a partisan hack.

“We know that dead people voted.”

29 Likes

Trump and criming:

Trump and criming is an unusual relationship. He crimes, he remains free. The mechanics of it to him is that it works.

Period

But, for us, the important thing is that his freedom–to him–has been far more assured than any of ours for his entire life…and this is why he can do many of the things he does.

His aim is using the precious Legal/Justice System that we revere and cherish to destroy it…but not before he assumes permanent power

I am not stating he will succeed…but I will say that he, the GOP, the Trump minions and the Trump cult are damaging many many things in this country right now.

46 Likes

Today would be a good day to flush the ridiculous, archaic Electoral College down the crapper.

(Or, we could just continue with the incredibly-vulnerable status quo – right up until the nanosecond obscenely-funded, well-organized, and fanatically-disciplined rightwingers finally figure out the exact set of shenanigans to permanently hijack it. Because they will.)

62 Likes

They ain’t too bright about the weather, neither.

36 Likes

A twofer?

19 Likes

37 Likes

Isn’t this what we call a “smoking gun?”

30 Likes

Yes they did. They voted for Trump.

47 Likes

“Cuz she def would have voted for Trump if I hadn’t … you know …expired her first.”

32 Likes

It is and it isn’t.

Tribe likely didn’t expect to dragged into this.

considering Tribe’s plan had no chance of getting over, it’s morbidly funny that Eastman thought that he could refine it.

8 Likes

If Trump and his mob spent as much effort governing and trying to do good or just necessary things for the country and the American people as they did trying to steal and maintain exclusive power to exercise for the sole benefit of themselves and a few others …

Well, we all know that would never happen.

21 Likes

22 Likes

What still astounds me is how Eastman and the rest of these clowns thought this was going to stand, that the majority of the country would just roll over like a beaten dog and accept it. Granted, we saw (and still see) plenty of fatalistic “What can we do, they have AR-15s! The military will betray us! We’ve already lost!” comments on social media, but really the proposition had not been put to the test. Most people don’t escalate unless they see no other alternative, but that is exactly what this scenario would cause. The scope of the previous year’s BLM protests suggests that that and the public protests and movement toward a general strike would have been titanic, and the DoD establishment had already made it pretty damn clear they were not on board with any of the Insurrection Act nonsense. This wasn’t a plan for a “successful” coup, it was a memo on how to start a civil war.

40 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available