How Hutchinson Converted Skeptics To Thinking Trump Might Be Prosecuted After All - TPM – Talking Points Memo

I hope you’re just being sarcastic. Yes, they still come–because their home countries are filled with violence and poverty. The irony that I note is that they often finds themselves victims of crime here in the U.S. And usually because of one thing: guns.

2 Likes

But not past the 1/6 Committee.

3 Likes

I don’t think she had any clue up to that point though.

I kind of like the idea of it being Rudy’s fault for trying to impress a woman. Again. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Garland is running the DOJ. Article referred to Garland’s lack of appetite to prosecute a former president.

The DoJ is run by Deputy AG Lisa Monaco on a day-to-day basis.
Garland sets policy and general direction, but doesn’t actually run the department.

1 Like

Because piling on all the related bad stuff in a single case is more effective than piecemealing the related crimes. If you can convince a bunch of jurors that TMFWSNBN did criminal fraud with the fake electors conspiracy, it’s a lot easier for them to conclude that he agreed to have the Proud Boys and the MAGA mob fuck up Congress’s shit in the conspiracy to obstruct. Vice versa too. Basically, the more related bad conduct, the better for the prosecution.

Wire fraud, however, would be a distraction. Fleecing his online marks doesn’t have much of anything to do with J6.

6 Likes

That particular Proud Boys prosecution is the one that includes Tarrio, Nordean, Biggs, Rehl, and Pezzola. It’s a hugely important case because any of those guys flipping upwards likely puts the conspiracy to fuck up Congress’s shit on Fat Boy’s doorstep. Anything that imperils its prosecution rightly puts DOJ into panic mode.

5 Likes

Oh but the germs! The communal bathroom and showers. The ick of everything will drive him more nuts than he is now.

2 Likes

I don’t think the elite world shares that view any longer.

2 Likes

Except that DeSantis isn’t any better for the country, just maybe a LITTLE less in it for the grift. :frowning:

I hope you’re right, at least among the “swing voters.” I think his true believers will take it as Martyrdom. :frowning:

Quite right. He will be much safer in his individual cell at Supermax.

1 Like

In most of America employment is generally at will, meaning no reason is necessary except in claims of discrimination against a protected class.

1 Like

There has definitely been a shift.

Yes, and that’s a different issue. DeSantis is Trump with competence. His model is Orban. DeSantis is smart and dangerous.

1 Like

Tony Ornato!
I loved his work in the '70s:

But not since.

I kinda think that Trump will be, effectively, immune from prosecution.
Congressional Democrats are afraid of being seen as trying to prosecute, “political prisoners”. While Republicans will run over their own grandmothers for a chance at the brass ring.

Congressional Democrats or Républicains do not prosecute. That’s the job of DoJ. I think our friend @txlawyer believes they have approximately six grand juries currently working.

2 Likes

I agree, but that’s that’s not what you were talking about.

1 Like

There will always Maga-ots nostalgic for Scamelot.

3 Likes

And I couldn’t care less.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available