How Does The Front Page Hive "Top Discussions" Work?

Hmmm.... Just wondering?

~OGD~

Ah, remember the moderated Discussion Tables? Sometimes we would get the actual post on the Front Page, mixing it up with Gitlin, Newberry, Sleeper, Skocpol and Slaughter.

I will guess it is the recent traffic that sorts the Top Discussions. This led to a troll thread being a "Top" more than once.

Define Shappy, please. :wink:
One day, long ago, all listed were mine. I'm surprised I didn't get one of those warnings about letting other people have a turn.

1 Like

Yes, really. Do share. Were you one of those girls in school whose parents were told she "talked too much?" Do you ever wonder if the boys got the same admonitions?

1 Like

Ah, I had straight "E"'s in 6th grade (excellent) but only "S"s (satisfactory, same as a C) in my citizenship scores, because I talked too much. Yikes, I was shy then, so I can't even picture it. Now? It might be legit.

1 Like

With no siblings, my parents listened to me quite a bit. When I graduated from HS the top students in our class (of only 60 some) were all girls. I was third; happy to not need to prepare and deliver any remarks. Fourth grade was the last time a teacher told me to stop chattering. She also scolded the boy I was chattering with, so it didn't seem unfair.

2 Likes

Fixed... Thanks...

~OGD~