How Did News Of Epstein’s Death End Up On 4Chan First?

“[D]ont ask me how I know, but Epstein died an hour ago from hanging, cardiac arrest. Screencap this,” read the post, accompanied by an image of right-wing mascot Pepe the Frog.

Wow - what a stupid thing to sacrifice a good job for, because they will catch this person.

52 Likes

Whether civilian medical worker or MCC employee (even a rented temp), divulging protected health information is a federal violation under HIPAA.

Don’t bother to put a name to the leaker, F’ing Moron will just pardon him/her.

17 Likes

Maybe the 4Chan poster had the same source as ABC, which also published news of the death well before any announcement was made through the Bureau of Prisons or whatever.

Obviously there is a difference between a mainstream news outlet and a troll farm, but the leaking itself is the same.

15 Likes

Because there are a lot of white supremacists who work as prison guards?

32 Likes

The reason conservatives keep yapping about a “Deep State” is so people won’t notice it isn’t liberal.

47 Likes

When the news is interesting enough it can spread amazingly quickly by literal word of mouth alone. Back in the Eighties a local Philly newscaster was rumored to have been hospitalized in a gerbiling mishap and it took about a day for everyone in the region to have been told about it. With just phones and face-to-face meetings you can have an exponential rise in knowledge of a thing in no time at all. Probably the whole prison knew within minutes of the incident, and the people on the outside would be hearing about it, the medical people, all the people they told and swore to secrecy, all the people they told, all the DOJ officials and the penumbra around them, the news moving out and out and out, and meantime there’s the time-consuming process of getting the official news approved and sent out and sure, someone’s on his or her phone and that’s that. There’s probably no followable trail on this.

33 Likes

If it was a medical professional who shared the information, the post would be a major violation of ethics and medical privacy laws.

as if this means anything in our norm shattered world

20 Likes

Could be a reporter staking out the entrance of the MCC. Or, do EMTs and cops still broadcast in the clear on the radio? Obviously, some people at ABC had to know of the event before they broadcast it.

12 Likes

Again, CBS reported this morning about shrieking in Epstein’s cell several hours before his body was discovered.

Also, still no tape.

29 Likes

Poor gerbil. Was Richard Gere involved?

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that too. It was all over my news feed this morning. Don’t know what to make of it yet.

13 Likes

Because Sputnik or Russia Today got the scoop?

4 Likes

Roy Moore (tearing up with relief): “Best. Week. Ever!”

31 Likes

"NIce norms ya got there…

Shame if anything happened to 'em."

This is going to result in Hearings (of the people doing the norm-breaking. It’s an amazingly small number of people…)

9 Likes

Medic … or witness? Maybe even perpetrator?

14 Likes

"FDNY said after a review that none of their staff is to blame. "

LOL…“we promise…we did nothing wrong!”

It ended up on 4chan first because whoever was involved was a right wing Trump KKKultist. That’s the cess pool in which those turds steep.

23 Likes

People shriek for many reasons, especially at 2 in the morning.

16 Likes

Evidently not even a gerbil was involved. Pure imagination. People passing along unfounded rumors like a common president.

24 Likes

In a correctional facility they scream 24/7. I don’t care what you’re in there for, it’s impossible to sleep.

10 Likes

Of course not. It was management,

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available