House Dems Ramp Up Objections To Two ‘Questionable’ Political Appointees At Census

The House Oversight Committee called on Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross to withdraw the installation of two controversial political appointees at the Census Bureau.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1320264
1 Like

Does Hillary perchance have a binder on what to do when the administration of asshats has fucked up the US census?

5 Likes

What responsibilities they’ll be taking on is still unclear, and the timing of the appointments was also met with suspicion, because it came so late in the operational timeline for the 2020 census count.

6 Likes

“A successful Census depends on the Bureau’s ability to conduct its activities in a professional, impartial, and non-partisan manner,” the House committee letter said.

A successful census is not the objective.

15 Likes

Only the best people in this administration. We just didn’t realize that Trump’s definition of ‘best’ is “Only people who will do what I tell them.”
It has nothing to do with normal qualifications.

2 Likes

Someone likes their numbers where they are…
Low numbers for Covid, High numbers for crowd size…
And
Low taxable valuations, High deductible expenses!

So successfully executing a full, fair and accurate 2020 Census is NOT what that Someone likes!

10 Likes

They’ll be responsible for making sure all 1.5 billion Americans in red states are accurately counted.

9 Likes

"Breaking with this precedent and installing more political appointees—particularly those with such starkly partisan backgrounds as Mr. Cogley and Mr. Korzeniewski—threatens the Bureau’s responsibility to successfully execute a full, fair, and accurate 2020 Census.

As if that’s even being considered by Ross, Trump, or any other Republican.

6 Likes

… for Cogley, deputy director for policy…

Cogley?!?

I’ve got the perfect job for him:

4 Likes

Post on all social media platforms identifying characteristics of these two appointees, along with pertinent questions they should know answers to to stimualate concerned US citizens/voters to quiz these hacks with when they are seen out in public. Embarrasment is a great equalizer.

3 Likes

I live in a red state and haven’t filled out the census form yet, and I don’t intend to until after the November elections and maybe not until after Inauguration Day. I don’t know if that makes a difference, but I know I don’t trust this Administration with anything.

1 Like

Do it now.
It won’t make any difference.

7 Likes

It’s time to play hardball with old Wilbur. Cut off his funding until he does what you want. Don’t threaten to do it. Just do it.

3 Likes

Inspector General Peggy E. Gustafson

Now Trump knows exactly who to fire tomorrow.

3 Likes

Certainly not of the Trumpian RepubliCON party.

1 Like

Most. Corrupt. Administration. Ever.

4 Likes

The Trump administration’s destruction of institutions has been consistent, deliberate and thought-out. We may overlook this if we just focus on Trump’s personal erratic behavior.

NOTHING will help the GOP hang on for longer than an inaccurate census count.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available