Hospitals In Two States Denied An Abortion To A Miscarrying Patient. Investigators Say They Broke Federal Law.

Because it’s God’s will that this woman should have suffer physically and mentally for sex outside of marriage. And then they’ll also claim it’s God’s will that she survived, so she must not have been that close to death in the first place.

Also let’s not leave out the insurance companies. They’re not going cover any of this, that’s why God invented Go Fund Me campaigns.

20 Likes

And if that one person who died had children at home…waiting for their mother, well that’s God’s will too.

17 Likes

While I understand what you are saying, there are many reasons why women have or need abortions, and I personally don’t think that suggestion helps.

25 Likes

TY you for pointing it out nicely. If I had responded you’d have to put me in a time out.

18 Likes

God’s Will? Or “God Swill”?

10 Likes

I agree - the same people who declare that women don’t have rights over their bodies are those that also declare that G-d will provide and that climate change isn’t anything G-d can’t fix for us if we just pray and pray and pray.

I keep reminding people that sometimes G-d says ‘no’.

It’s the same crap we hear about medical advancements interfering with and replacing the power of prayer. We should just accept G-d’s will. Horsefeathers.

16 Likes

I think most women want to avoid pregnancy. I think you meant ‘avoid sex.’ Avoiding sex is not part of human nature overall. and even if this were not true, sexual violence and coercion are real factors.

“don’t have sex then” is what the right likes to say in response to these controlling laws.

“no one is going to save you” I’m not completely giving up on humans! We still care about fighting this shit and care about the FACT that human sexuality and reproduction are basically inescapable parts of life.

edit: I’m kind of old. but my niece is 13. yes I am terrified for her and I think “don’t have sex!” but that is not going to work as a strategy

20 Likes

I’m off to walkies, but first, and this is completely off topic:

12 Likes

God’s Will? Or “God Swill”?

“God works in strange ways” a priest will say in confidence to his parishioners. But God has little to do with it. It’s the gatekeepers that want to own our souls. It’s in their best interest, not ours.

8 Likes

. . . is a feature, not a bug.

11 Likes

thank you. when someone says that ‘it’s God’s will,’ I shudder inside. The fact is, we don’t accept this logic in most parts of life, and I have to point this out every chance I get. If you buy insect repellent, take antibiotics, get a radon detector… etc.

Just after Katrina in NOLA, I heard an older man tell a reporter “the good lord put a whooping on us.” I was shocked, people usually don’t say that.

10 Likes

OT: Thiessen is such a hack. Actually, much worse than that, but I like posting here so I’ll leave it at that. Thread.

It occurred to me that one of the dishonest things about

@marcthiessen

’s column that I pointed out yesterday was actually even more egregious and is another affirmative factual error (a charitable word choice) that the WP should correct./15

Quote Tweet

Charlie Savage

@charlie_savage

·

May 18

.@marcthiessen wrote a shoddy Washington Post column using as a foil the headline of my piece yesterday assessing how the Durham inquiry fell flat after years of political hype. (He didn’t engage with its substance, of course.) A dissection follows. /1 https://washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/05/17/durham-report-trump-russia-collusion-media/

Show this thread

4 Likes

This poor woman was trying to end a wanted pregnancy — she would happily have carried the baby to term, but it wasn’t going to make it.

Miscarriage isn’t a choice, indeed it is often a tragic end to happy hopes and dreams. Telling a miscarrying woman she should just “avoid pregnancy” is tone deaf at best.

38 Likes

OT: In case this wasn’t noted yesterday, Trump got shot down by the judge in the Georgia case.

Judges everywhere understand that Trump wants to slow down anything and everything the places him in jeopardy. They no longer play his game.

Quote Tweet

Anna Bower

@AnnaBower

·

May 19

JUST IN: Judge McBurney denies Trump’s request for 21 additional days to file a reply brief regarding his efforts to disqualify Fulton County DA Fani Willis and scrap the investigation into attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in Georgia.

Show this thread

15 Likes

so true, and my response was forgetting that of course lots of people long for pregnancy.

We can’t accept laws where it might kill or destroy us just to participate in normal life !

7 Likes

Also part of god’s will. That’s why he* included applicable escape clauses in your insurance coverage.

* “He,” because if god were a she we wouldn’t have this problem.

9 Likes

Allow me to add…

ABJECT INTENTIONAL AND DELIBERATE CRUELTY

16 Likes

You are far too kind.

19 Likes

A woman’s (or anyone’) body is NOT repeat NOT government property.

13 Likes

“They tell you that there’s a war on women. There is no war on women. There may be a war on what’s inside of women, but there is no war on women in this country.”
— Dr. “Sleepy” Ben Carson

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available