He Became Convinced the School Board Was Pushing “Transgender Bullshit.” He Ended Up Arrested — and Emboldened.

I’ll bet most of his kids hate him. What’s there to like?

4 Likes

I got into an argument with a casual friend yesterday (someone I play guitar with occasionally - we generally do not discuss politics). I said that all of the violent political killings done in 2022 were done by right wing nut jobs, and he responded that the real violence was coming from the left. About 30 seconds in I realized what a pointless exercise it was. I think I was still upset over some idiot trying to engage me in conversation while I was filling out paperwork for a storage locker earlier in the day in which he began by stating that George Soros controlled all of the Attorneys General in America - didn’t I agree he asked me rather ominously? I told him no I didn’t and then was left to wonder if anything I put in that locker was going to be safe.

In the richest country in the world, we have managed to create know nothing morons who now can’t wait to get out and vote AGAINST everything they don’t understand. They are scared of everything from gender equality to racial equality and they buy another gun every time FOX comes up with a new bogeyman. I am cruising into the last few years of my life, and I sincerely want to spend it enjoying life with my wife and doing fun things with my children and grandchildren. But, much to my wife’s dismay, I have also decided I am just not going to be silent around bullshit anymore. I do not yell, I just let people know that I don’t agree with their ignorant statements about politics, vaccines, trans people, education - you name it, they have a misinformed and frequently dangerous opinion about it.

My wife’s take is that it is stupid and dangerous to engage with these people. My take is that maybe we wouldn’t be here if people had started speaking up a long time ago.

I think I cracked when I saw part of Trump’s Town Hall on CNN and got something akin to PTSD triggered - PTSD that I didn’t even know I had.

As much as I love the comments here, I am going to severely limit my time here from now on just because there are better ways to spend it. After all, no one here needs any convincing.

29 Likes

Kids who move away from where they grow up as soon as they can and then rarely call or visit was my thought.
But, then, it’s really hard to know.
Stockholm Syndrome provides a template for one iteration of the alternatives.

7 Likes

Jan. 6th was our beer hall putsch.

9 Likes

Just curious whether he had any “evidence” whatsoever to back that up – even if just a bullshit litany of events that require a lot of overinterpretation to meet a sane definition of political violence – or whether he smugly shat out a completely unsupported assertion. I’m guessing the latter, but am interested in what the rubes are trotting out these days if the former.

4 Likes

I’ll bet most of his kids hate him. What’s there to like?

Nothing! And aside from being a lunatic, he’s retired while the wife, a janitor, is pushing a broom around the halls of an elementary school. This guy’s a man? No, this guy’s a bum. Excuse my old school. This story deserves no more than one fucking paragraph. And I’m being generous. WTF, TPM?

3 Likes

Yes, but, this time around, it was, in its own way, farce.

4 Likes

“One of these days, I’m tempted to just walk in and allow them to throw me out or arrest me or whatever, because they have no right to do it,”

May both your wishes be granted and the sentence lengthy.

8 Likes

Those aren’t “fighting words” because they’re not likely to incite immediate violence in response.

4 Likes

That was over a year ago. But yeah, every accusation is a confession with these people.

3 Likes

he smugly shat out a completely unsupported assertion

2 Likes

It’s a Pro Publica story, reposted here, so I guess you can argue they shouldn’t have reposted. But the intro does state that it’s part of a larger series PP is doing on similar disruptions at public boards. So I guess, get ready for more of this?
For my part, I guess it’s better to be aware of this stuff than not? We’ve had some similar stuff at what were historically very mundane school board meetings over recent years. (Our local guy even got featured on Tucker. eyeroll.)

8 Likes

Oh, no doubt, but he gave them permission to come out of their basements. He normalized their fury, and misguided opposition to actually helping their fellow citizens.

4 Likes

Good analogy, but it doesn’t have to end the same way.

6 Likes

The Beer Belly Putsch.

11 Likes

They might incite violence from me if I was in the asshole’s proximity.

2 Likes

His kids must be embarrassed. Yet the bozo persists on his nonsensical idiocy.

1 Like

I too was thinking of “deprogramming” as a necessity. It does seem like a mental illness/cult.

This whole episode also reminds me of the BTVS Gingerbread, where Buffy’s mom starts fighting against occult influences in Sunnydale High. At least Buffy’s mom had a good acronym: MOO.

1 Like

Batshit effing crazy. This is the kind of person mental institutions were designed for.

1 Like

Best interview with a loser I’ve ever read.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available