He Became Convinced the School Board Was Pushing “Transgender Bullshit.” He Ended Up Arrested — and Emboldened.

13 Likes

“Family Research Council. The model bills have similar preambles, including the assertion — rebutted by major medical organizations — that the risks of gender-affirming care outweigh its benefits.”

2 Likes

I got news for him and for others like him – YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT. Neither am I, but I don’t make plans to go ape shit at my county school board because of the craziness he mainlines from FoxNotNews.

2 Likes

This face! Such an expression!!!

1 Like

“his five younger children face in the public school system. (The 65-year-old retiree has four other children who are adults.)”

Sounds like he certainly resisted any education on contraception, and apparently sought out women just as ignorant.

2 Likes

Yeah, I wonder about the proximity of his adult children.

It’s been going on for a long time.

1 Like

Trans persons are the new witches. Fear of them is identical to the fear of witches 400 yrs ago.

3 Likes

It’s the basilisk stare.

He celebrated and rewarded their fury.

Eric Jensen

wow, i so agree…why does TPM give these people so much space…do they oh so secretly agree with them, i realize TPM is probably mostly young people who have lived in their ‘protected’ bubble all their young lives and now need the ‘excitment’ of a blog…i find it almost boring…

1 Like

I think that people are young and feel like they’re going to grow up to be super special. They grow up and they’re really just ordinary and so have to seek out all these different things that make them ‘special’ or ‘important’. My super religious relatives are these people. They spent their lives working blue collar, low paying jobs and as they come toward retirement and have nothing, they are now superior because ‘God’. They can’t be superior and special if no one is beneath them, so they manufacture it.

3 Likes

Well, @pwmesq set me straight yesterday (above). It was a ProPublica story and there stories tend to be long, Rolling Stone was like that as well back in the day.

But I agree with you, crazy person goes crazy. Media sells it as ‘trend’. Like the guy with the baseball bat the other day, walking into a municipal office. Started swinging at the staff. His back story was full of delusional shit as well. You think they may also be anti-vaxxers? Whatever. Be nice if we could get them together, like a CPAC annual, and drop a Russian thermobaric bomb. Shut them up.

And it means the Deep State always knows where you are via mailing the check or direct deposit!

Unfortunately the American people have elected so many mentally weak, emotionally stunted, sociopathic people to public office that we are not, as a society, in a position to act rationally against those tens of millions who have chosen to go down the rabbit hole. It appears to be coming down to “Wait until you see the whites of their eyes, and then get the hell out of the country because they are going to bleed it of sanity and reason and decency.” We are well into a period of blackest madness. Such times have never gone well in the history of humans. The Tree of Insanity is watered with the blood of rational people killed by idiots.

1 Like

Wait until they start shouting in public then make an exaggerated fall that manages break their leg while apologizing profusely.

This is the same TV tosh they’ve been pimping for years. By the time you see these guys on a streetcorner there is going to be a lot more of me.

If they were outside my door I’d have my boots on. Real tough people don’t get all drama about stuff. They’re kind of hoping nobody makes them lose their temper.

Back in the day my father got lost in the same sort of media bubble. He had spent his career in the newspaper business and should have known better but after retiring he spent his day watching CNN. (That was back in the days before Fox News became a real powerhouse.) They ran the same stories morning noon and night so the din of repetition made every sensational story seem like the end of the world.

Sometimes I am afraid that what happened to this guy and what happened to my father is the natural result of spending too much time watching cable news and that partisan cable news will make you even crazier. Frankly I am working hard to watch MSNBC (and other cable news) less. I am trying to get out of my bubble and find out about my neighbors.

The real problem might turn out not to be the partisan nature of cable news but the repetative nature of their programing. That might also be what is going on in social media. It gets harder and harder to get out of the information bubbles that are currated for each of us by algorithums of our favorite social media platforms.

2 Likes

I used to keep Morning Joe/MSNBC on in the background during my work day and I just had to walk away. I’ve started listening to podcasts on true crime. :).

I remember my turning point was two things, the first was some sort of women’s conference held by Mika in Abu Dhabi. I was like, WTF? How in the world do you even make that reachable by any real woman? You couldn’t hold that in a major US city? Clearly it was a funding play, but it was so ridiculous.

Second, the focus on John Fetterman’s need for accommodations during his interview with a reporter after his stroke made me finally turn it off. He needed to read the questions on a computer because he processed them better. It was basically a disability accommodation and they made it seem like he couldn’t even tie his shoes. It was horrifying and they just couldn’t stop.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available