Graham Wants To Interview DOJ Officials Involved In Russia Probe, Page FISA Warrant | Talking Points Memo

The point isn’t whether it works. The point is spotlighting their hypocrisy and double standards and descent into authoritarian neofascism.

5 Likes

Parse your time on the stories if you need to, we must retain our capacity for outrage. This is part of the autocratt/theocrat/dictator strategy. Wear people down, make them believe nothing can be done.
Don’t stop disbelieving. We need you.

2 Likes

Which hunt? Which don’t?

These transparent gop toadies and fools don’t even make an effort any more.

1 Like

Right, but they would just claim that Obama has no executive privilege since he’s no longer in office. And, of course, the icing on their cake - “What is the Obama Deep State hiding?”

Also, who is going to see this particular example of hypocrisy and say, “Oh, NOW I get it.” Which is not to say that their hypocrisy shouldn’t continue to be exposed, but I don’t think Obama inserting himself into this would work out very well for us.

1 Like

If these assholes find one even minor flaw in the FISA investigations they’re going to blow it up and ride it for all it’s worth (not much) right through the election. All this shit is timed for maximum effect for the election. Add in another “imminent crisis” or two and their campaign’s dance card will be filled until November 3rd.

4 Likes

Let me guess. Not one of these witnesses will be covered by “blanket immunity.”

3 Likes

If Obama has info that would help take these clowns down he should come forward with it. To avoid the truth because the repugs don’t like it is absurd. They might not like it but it could rally way more Democrats that repugs. We are looking for more heroes and inspiration during the next 9 months, not trying to hide because the truth will piss off the other side.

1 Like

That appears to be a request rather than a subpoena. Refuse to appear -especially former officials-, hire the best attorneys, tie-up everything in court for years because Congressional subpoenas have no power. Lindsey needs to preen for the dear leader. Nothing will come of this.

1 Like

More news. The SS arrives.

7 Likes

Lindsey - STFU. And come out of the closet already so you can stop pretending to be a tough guy. It’s really boring for the rest of us.

1 Like

I saw this earlier this morning and went for a walk to blow off my anger. This could go sideways so fast when an innocent bystander is maimed or killed.

1 Like

and the BP will say: ‘if you were innocent why were you in the neighborhood?’

I wonder what the police in those cities will do. Some will think it’s okay.

I guess there are no smugglers at the border to capture.

2 Likes

They can try but some folks just live there -legal citizens, native born citizens. It is harder to explain away the child killed as he/she walking home from school. In a city like NY, all hell will break loose.

1 Like

I doubt they are welcome in either Chicago or San Francisco and hard to know about NYC especially with the police union being scary as hell. In any case nothing good will come of this.

3 Likes

Russiaghaziiiiiii!!!

1 Like

I’m baffled. What does Lindsey get out of this? His seat is safe until he dies.

1 Like

I wouldn’t bet on that. His Democratic opponent has closed ground and it’s could become a very close race.

6 Likes

All these GOP Senate and Congress people have some kind of individual drama, performance art, or whatever, schtick. And of course, it’s a scam or part of a larger scam of fleecing the rubes and stoking their grievances. And as I said in an other post, the relationship between the GOP and scams like goldbuggery, supplements and “medicines” of dubious efficacy has been well documented by Rick Perlstein in his article, “The Long Con.” And by Paul Krugman in various posts and articles. For example, this thread:

Approached from this perspective, the GOP antics, including those of Lindsey Graham, seemingly bizarre to us, are perfectly explainable in terms of a never ending, widespread, intensive con game against society. And it works on anyone who is gullible and prone to wishful thinking, including sophisticated members of the press. The long con is right.

13 Likes

South Carolina, please! Get your Senator out of office or at least get him to sit down and STFU! Enough of his squealing and squaking and grabbing his pearls!

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available