GOP Texas County Chair Pressured To Resign After Using N-Word In Racist Text

Texas Republican leaders are calling for Yolanda Waters, Galveston County Republican Party chair, to resign after it was revealed on Saturday that she had sent a text calling a black party operative the N-word several months ago.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1267650

“she had sent a text calling a black party operative the N-word”

No! No! No! You must keep her AND promote the operative over her.

2 Likes

So, then I’d likely be wrong if I assumed that Ms. Waters graduated from a French finishing school.

6 Likes

Perhaps Ms. Waters would tell us what she meant to type. I’m a little puzzled because it’s not something you’d type instead of “awesome guy” or “person whose dilatory response is of course understandable.”

17 Likes

Waters told the Daily News it was an “unfortunate typo.”
“I usually type very fast, and in this case, I moved too fast to see that the word was there,” she said. “I made the typo because I did not proofread my text.”

I’m curious what she was trying to spell that turned into the N-word.

14 Likes

“Typo” my ass.

8 Likes

haha that makes two of us.

8 Likes

Perhaps something to do with the metallurgy of Nickel (Ni) and Gallium (Ga) alloys??

But, probably not.

7 Likes

Over the weekend, the state’s Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) and Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush pushed for Waters’ resignation via Twitter.

“Her comments are offensive to everyone in the community,” Patrick tweeted.

Bush asserted there was “no reason, no excuse and no room in our party for racist comments.”

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s (R) spokesperson, John Wittman, told the Austin Statesman that her comments were “absolutely abhorrent” and “have no place in the Republican party.”

Hey, remember when these guys came down just as unequivocally when the New York Times and Washington Post revealed that then-Gov. Rick Perry “had once hunted at and taken guests to a hunting camp that had the name Niggerhead painted on a rock at the entrance”?

Yeah, me neither.

14 Likes

Maybe she shouldn’t type so fast. I find that when I type too fast I start making typos that resemble chemical equations, and then I make outrageous stoichiometric howlers that I never meant to write in the first pkace.

15 Likes

GOP Texas County Chair Pressured To Resign After Using N-Word In Racist Text

A racist message that did not include the “N-Word” would have been OK?

10 Likes

I hate when that happens.

4 Likes

typical nag?

Nah…

2 Likes

Question the relevance. :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe a royalist/Nazi one. Pretty sure casual racism, even of the self-hating variety, is a required course.

1 Like

Texas. Must be something in the water. I’d ask what, but in Texas it is illegal to ask what’s leaching into the groundwater.

6 Likes

How is that not the first followup question?

“Since you know what you meant to type you won’t need to think really hard to tell us what it was. What was it you meant to put?”

3 Likes

“Nitwit”.

Because it’s still the 1940s.

1 Like

The i should have been an e, she is embarrassed. She meant typical Negro.

Rig
Pig
Jig
Wig
Zig
New
Big
Gig

The last letter in typical is close to B & M

Thing is your spellcheck defaults to word spellings you use frequently.

:thinking::thinking:

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available