Giuliani Buds Pressed Previous Ukraine President For Bogus Investigations, Too! | Talking Points Memo

Two buddies of Rudy Giuliani’s tried to arrange a deal with Ukraine’s last President whereby he would get a state visit to the U.S. during an election campaign, so long as Kyiv agreed to announce investigations into the Bidens and the 2016 elections, the Wall Street Journal reports.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1261239

So many perfect, even beautiful conversations, and all about the same topic . . . . hmmm.

9 Likes

I’m thinking Rudy is the next one up for the toss under the bus.

3 Likes

So “America’s Mayor” turned out to be a POS.

7 Likes

9/11 isn’t gonna save your ass this time, Rudy…

rudy%20crazy

4 Likes

Rudy’s been setting up an insanity plea for quite a while.

2 Likes

Mission Accomplished!

1 Like

Thrown under the bus is the new “911”.

2 Likes

Two buddies of Rudy Giuliani’s tried to arrange a deal with Ukraine’s last President…

Last? Or, previous?

6 Likes

I thought he was already under the bus. Has anyone seen him lately?

4 Likes

I’m getting a distinct picture of Rudy walking through downtown Kyiv wearing nothing but a poster-board advertising for Biden investigations. Maybe not classy or dignified, but neither is announcing your divorce publicly before telling your own spouse.

6 Likes

Only question I have is when did they change the spelling of Kiev to Kyiv? Drives me nuts.

Oh fuck, here it is:

In October 2006, the United States Board on Geographic Names (or BGN) unanimously voted to change its standard transliteration to Kyiv , effective for the entire U.S. government, although Kiev remained the BGN conventional name for this city until June 2019.

Are these the same people that tried their best to transliterate the spelling of Qaddafi?

6 Likes

After the breakup of the Soviet Union. Kiev is the translation from Russian, Kyiv (pronounced keev) is the Ukrainian.

8 Likes

See above. Its more recent than the breakup of the USSR.

2 Likes

That was just the official switch here for the US government. Ukraine had been pushing for the switch globally since shortly after they left the Soviet Union.

1 Like

You think that’s confusing, wait until the Bureau of Prisons changes “Trump” to “109769”.

11 Likes

“A noun…a verb…and 911”

to

“A thug…a Mob Boss… and a prison sentence”

3 Likes

Now that’s rich!! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Somehow, Chicken Kyiv just doesn’t have the same cachet…

5 Likes

Myanmar is still Burma.

2 Likes