General Flynn’s Magical History Tour

Yeah. I get the feeling the media (Fox) wants to see some violence against jurors. What a story!

14 Likes

Yeah, it’s pretty awful. I was listening to John Dickerson on the Slate Political podcast and he mused a newly awful thought that I hadn’t considered: Since we’ve (media, Democrats, of course the GOP) all been conditioned now to the right’s unbridled perversion of every American institution, will it become a “not big thing” to lie under oath in court? If Trump manages to take the stand, we all know the answer.

13 Likes

Well, that didn’t last long.

25 Likes

Absolutely not. It’s being shouted from the rooftops that Trump is trying to destroy the rule of law. He will not be allowed to lie with impunity WITHOUT suffering the consequences.

14 Likes

I hope you’re right. How many times has Trump’s behavior been initially roundly condemned and then accepted?

6 Likes

“I don’t have to answer nuttin’ on accounta this trial is rigged” ?

10 Likes

But it’s organic shit, that should count for something.

He’s not winning in the courtroom.

12 Likes

And what are the sheriffs going to do when the prosecutors don’t prosecute?

12 Likes

Well isn’t this an example of “some people never learn”. Maybe Donnie should don one of his winter suits instead of relying on his Florida suits.

4 Likes

Lots of one or the other, depending on your perspective.

On the other hand, he convinced tons of people with his confident BS about covid right there. The people who worked on the science presented the facts as they had it then, and were open about things they weren’t sure about. The superstitionsts came out authoritatively stating that masks caused covid, that not testing made the numbers go down (OK that’s true, but for all the wrong reasons), and that it was a bioweapon developed by the Chinese.

Berlusconi is absolutely correct in his assessment of a fair percentage of any population, often enough to win elections. That you and I may listen to someone speak authoritatively and have our BS detectors go off is a product of training re-enforced with painful experience. The people Trump and Berlusconi appeal to read the 4 color glossy and want those gold sneakers that will make you jump 10’ and run an 8 second 100M.

11 Likes

I was thinking more of a Sunday School nursery room with a playpen and cribs, and a teenage babysitter singing “Jesus loves me…” for the babies and toddlers. Maybe a cookie and a juice box, too, if he’s not too contumacious.

9 Likes

As the article implies, it’s performative and a waste of time.

Should sheriffs or police choose to arrest women for seeking abortions or medical professionals for offering abortion services, [AG] Mayes would simply decline to prosecute, resulting in a time-consuming exercise that would take officers away from other duties, and open law enforcement agencies up to potential lawsuits from those who have been arrested.

20 Likes

Great news from Tennessee. Detroit Free Press reports

UAW scores historic landslide victory to unionize the first foreign automaker in the US

Caveat lector: that headline and the article itself contain quite a few misleading statements about first-ever events that are only first when very narrowly construed. Nevertheless this is wonderful news. Some highlights…

The UAW made American labor history Friday with its biggest organizing win in decades when workers at the Volkswagen Chattanooga plant in Tennessee voted to join the union.

The National Labor Relations Board said the vote was 2,628-985, or 73% approval, in voting that ended at 8 p.m. Friday.

After the vote, UAW President Shawn Fain told reporters at the plant that their decision reflects the fact that working-class people are “fed up with being left behind” and living paycheck-to-paycheck.

The UAW had twice tried and failed to organize the Chattanooga plant. The vote makes it the first plant in the U.S. South that the union has ever organized.

On Tuesday, just hours before the voting was set to start, Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee and five other Republican governors in Southern states with nonunion automakers issued a lengthy letter in an attempt to thwart a union at VW Chattanooga. It said they were “highly concerned” about the UAW’s unionization campaign, which is “driven by misinformation and scare tactics.”

Democratic politicians were quick to celebrate the UAW’s Tennessee victory.

President Joe Biden called out the Southern governors, saying in an official statement: “Let me be clear to the Republican governors that tried to undermine this vote: There is nothing to fear from American workers using their voice and their legal right to form a union if they so choose. In fact, the growing strength of unions over the last year has gone hand-in-hand with record small business and jobs growth alongside the longest stretch of low unemployment in more than 50 years.”

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2024/04/19/results-uaw-union-vote-volkswagen-chattanooga-tennessee/73374618007/

36 Likes

It’s a shame TSF’s lawyers can’t give him a phone not connected to the internet so he and “Truth” and play games while sitting there all day.

6 Likes

It’s a shame the bailiff isn’t equipped with a hammer so the next time TSF pulls that particular stunt the bailiff can smash TSF’s phone in front of him.

12 Likes

It’s because he wears us out. He has an amazing pitching arm that can sling so much shit at the public, no one has ever seem so much shit spewing from just one man in their life.

19 Likes

President Biden is on the side of young people.

They never layoff CEOs.

26 Likes

Absolutely. Amazing to me that Trump ignorantly, selfishly, and deliberately let Covid get out of control in this country and nobody has called him on it, investigated it, or raised holy hell over the fact that it killed more Americans than died in the Civil War.

It’s just incomprehensible. Our governing bodies have been afraid to touch it.

38 Likes

And those lawsuits, and any payout from the result of the sheriffs’ losses, would come from public money.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available