Former Missouri Guv Greitens’ Campaign Didn’t Disclose Dark Money Help, Probe Finds | Talking Points Memo

Former Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens’ reelection campaign was fined $178,000 for failing to report in-kind contributions by two outside groups, according to a consent order released Thursday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1291437

Why isn’t this rapist in prison?

12 Likes

Here’s a photo of Nick Ayers (mentioned in the above blog) and fellow butt-pirate Mike Pence, right after a hot afternoon romp!

1 Like

Alito - “Not true!”

So he gets millions (that we know of) in donations, is fined $178,000 and only has to pay $38,000.

White politicians’ justice.

5 Likes

Speaking of former governors, Tom Vilsack ( Iowa) won $150,000 with a Powerball ticket last week. He is VP of Dairy management Inc. His salary is a few hundred dollars short of a million annually.

In 2017, a year in which more than 500 dairy farms closed in Wisconsin, and 1,600 were shuttered nationwide, IRS records showed the top 10 executives at the organization were paid more than $8 million — an average of more than $800,000 each, the Journal Sentinel found.

3 Likes

Because the witness was reluctant, her ex-husband brought all of this to light, and new St. Louis City prosecutor was new-but her worst crime is that she’s black.

4 Likes

You can’t win if you don’t play. And the quiet part which no one want’s to admit is you can’t make big buck if you don’t know the “right” people.

1 Like

It’s funny how illegal campaign shenanigans benefit Rethugliklans 99.99% of the time. In fact, I think I’m starting to recognize a pattern.

4 Likes

Shocking? NOT!

3 Likes

Your homophobia is duly noted.

6 Likes

This episode pales in comparison to what’s going to take place this election cycle.

Count on it.

6 Likes

Man, good thing that election laws are what is known as “optional”.

2 Likes

Imagine if subverting democracy were treated the same way as as selling individual cigarettes.

4 Likes

I live in Missouri. Doesn’t surprise me. When he had his trial, he was ready to fight everyone, and embarrass his wife and family. And then a judge ruled he had to disclose his donors. He closed up shop, accepted leaving office. The only thing he wouldn’t do is identity who bankrolled him.

No doubt he was dealing with some shady people and trying to hide it.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available