For The Women Who Accused The Trump Campaign Of Harassment, It’s Been More Harassment

Because it’s like the mean girl kicking you while her friends dump your backpack out and screaming at you that you totally made up that story about the quarterback groping you.

And then after slut shaming you for a year, they want sympathy because the quarterback groped them.

7 Likes

Just thought I’d fish the thought (I know this is what you referred to – this will be today’s pleasant ear worm (I love this one…):

:notes:
I am just a poor boy
Though my story’s seldom told
I have squandered my resistance
For a pocketful of mumbles
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

10 Likes

I read the first line and broke into the cadence from ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’. Sorry… LOL!!!

1 Like

First we take Manhattan…

2 Likes

"100% permissible discovery in an employment case” - Harder
Abusive lawfare, however trendy, is too permissive.
Some who bend the spirit of the law harder rise higher…even Supremely.

6 Likes

Are we surprised that Donald Trump relentlessly goes after subordinants who don’t love the boss? I wonder how much that judgment cost his lawyers who probably weren’t paid.

3 Likes

During the Pandemic I started watching reaction videos from the younger generation listening to the older generation’s music. And it has happened a lot that some songs that I remember when they were first played on the radio hit harder now then when I first heard them.

9 Likes

In 2020, local rightists in my little three-horse town, doxxed me and trawled my name across the internet to find my place of employment. I ran afoul of the freedom crown by daring to speak up at a school board meeting in favor of making the students and staff wear masks. They publicly accused me of promoting Covid vaccination because of some imagined financial benefit I was getting from my volunteer work. The truth was that yes, the organization’s big payday for vaccinating a person was almost the princely sum of $20 per shot. Not even the barber’s price for a man’s haircut.

I was left with no choice but to out my loudest accuser as a fraud who didn’t live in the county, didn’t own property in the school district, and wasn’t registered or eligible to vote in our school board elections.

The moral of the story is that freedom for rightist pricks, but not for anyone who isn’t a rightist prick, is not freedom at all. It’s rightist pricks’ privilege. Also, the rightist, p[rick, Rump loving fish rots from the head down.

17 Likes

Well, if they’re coming round to understanding how unpleasant being groped is, how it undermines one’s self-respect, and how the experience is made much worse by failing to be supported by other girls – well, then, if they want my sympathy (not this this article suggested that any of these women was seeking sympathy from women like me or from anyone else), and even if they don’t want it, they’ll have it.

If we’re going to go in for over-the-top analogies, how about the prostitute who is raped and beaten by a customer? She knew things like that might well happen to her, or should have known, when she became a prostitute. Therefore I will withhold support and sympathy from her when she is raped and beaten.

7 Likes

Yes, and yet the corruptlican party can only project, accusing the Biden admin. of lawfare.
As much as I want to see tsf and his abettors all face judgement, it’s time billy barr pays the piper.

2 Likes

I think I’d rather go with a catfish farm since they are known to be bottom feeders

6 Likes

Or carp.

1 Like

I do. First, remember that this was the 2016 campaign, when a lot of the behavior pattern was not yet widely known. Second, recall that, as bizarre as it seems to us, lots of young people even today are drawn to the claim of promoting certain values that con entities, like this campaign, use in their marketing. (Behold Cassidy Hutchinson.) And third, especially, gangs of men who systematically abuse women like this - yes, everybody, but there’s a special glee in the way they go after women - are always the guilty party in these cases. There’s no loophole for that. (“She should have known better” - really??)

Scumbag Camilo to Scumbag Miller: “This bitch is out of control.” I will always side with the “bitches” and believe that we all should. (We can talk about the mainstreaming/normalizing of “bitch” another time.)

Unconscious bias is culturally ingrained in all of us, including misogyny, even in women, making it feel natural and easy to dismiss concerns about them. We all need to watch out for that kind of thing.

11 Likes

Jake Tapper asked her about that a few years ago, saying, “What do you say to people who ask you, ‘Didn’t you know what you were getting into?’”

She replied…

I’d spent the previous 8 years watching conservative media, being brainwashed into thinking that the Democrats were really dangerous and were going to take away our freedoms, which I do not believe anymore. I understand how deeply mesmerized I was into that false narrative. And I thought that Donald Trump was going to be a fighter for the American people, so I kind of put the best construction on everything he said, and, um—Father forgive me—believed him in his con that he was going to put his own interests aside and be a public servant for this country.

10 Likes

Nope! This wasn’t some yokel from East Bumfuck running for office, this was the Orange Asshole (and draft dodger) aka Diaper Don and his little mushroom. Any small amount of research would have surfaced his business practices and the fact that he was (is) a lousy businessman who only made money by cheating the stupid.

3 Likes

And if he gets elected the only expenditure regarding his detractors will be the bullets that will end up in their heads…

2 Likes
1 Like

For The Women Who Works For The Face-Eating Leopard, It’s Been More Getting Her Face Eaten

2 Likes

Nope! Extensive research might have uncovered it, but not if you depended on Fox News or even the NYT and WaPo. (TPM commenters shouldn’t constantly bash the latter two and then turn around and say “everyone knew”!) Throw in the Boston Globe, a sad version of its former self. Certainly older people from NYC and its metropolitan area who followed serious news sources in the '80’s and '90’s were at least vaguely aware that Trump was a terrible business man and a con artist, but a conservative law student, even one at Harvard, might have been aware of Trump the business man only as portrayed on The Apprentice. Trump’s habit of suing and counter-suing people to death was not general knowledge in 2016.

3 Likes

Oh, yeah – I’m easy come, easy go, little high, little low
Any way the wind blows doesn’t really matter to me, to me

:joy:

3 Likes