Five Points On The Many Questions Raised By Trump’s Tax Returns | Talking Points Memo

Dirty money funnelled through Douche Bank, the preferred bank of criminals.

2 Likes

It is when you install an asskisser to oversee the IRS.

The calls have been stashed in the top-secret server that is hidden under the bed in the bunker.

1 Like

You are so right. He has made his business SCAMMING PEOPLE (see Trump University as an example) and except for a few slaps on the wrist, he has gotten away with it. And his cult worshippers think he is a good businessman. What can you do?

I’d like to believe in Karma, but I don’t know if things will catch up with this grifter in life.

1 Like

Exactly. No audience, just him and Joe on stage. No props, no screaming dopes in red hats, time limits and a debate opponent he can’t intimidate.
Bad news all around for Bunker Boy.

I think some very very bad days are in store for private citizen donald j trump.
from debt payments coming due ($400,000,000+)
to
indictments
to
very expensive lawyer fees.
ending in
prison time.

2 Likes

“He hates who I hate!”
That’s enough for most of them.

1 Like

I’ll bet the fucker wrote off the cold Big Macs and soggy fries he offered up to the football players.

1 Like

I expect the Dotard will go full bore with his typical bluster and bullshit. As always, the deluge of lies will flow from his orifices. And, all of his theatrics will be on full display. Those that consider his antics a good show will be thoroughly entertained. His most ardent supporters will swoon over his perceived masterful performance. No matter how many times Biden slaps him back into the corner, they will only see their hero as the victor.

I suspect the rest of the world will see a huckster, clown, moron, juvenile, etc. being schooled by an adult.

He’s paid only interest, and no principal**. It’s his actions that demonstrate no principle (or principles)

2 Likes

I just hope you are right.

I do hope you are correct!!

I always get confused when talking about flat tax rates whether we’re talking about no deductions or only one rate.

I think it’s worth noting that you can have graduated income tax rates and no deductions. NZ works pretty close to this. You “Pay As You Earn” (PAYE). Every pay check tax is withheld at at a fixed rate. After you’ve earned a certain amount per year they withhold at a higher rate. Banks do the same thing with your savings account. No deductions, no loopholes. The government sends you a summary of what you paid every year. Most people don’t need to even file a return.

1 Like

Yeah, the point is, whichever system you go for: no deductions. So no “gaming”.

I read somewhere that a pretty low rate (10%?) for folks above the poverty line would generate more than now…

Of course, it would eliminate an entire industry: tax preparers…

1 Like

Even with no deductions, there’s gaming. You have a whole industry of really smart people being paid to figure out how to do that kind of thing. (If there are tax-exempt securities of any kind, someone can arrange to get their income from those; if there’s differential treatment for capital gains, people can game that; some high fliers even take compensation that’s almost entirely deferred until retirement or death – every year they take out a loan that will get paid off when the eventual payout arrives; they even may pay deductible interest on that loan. And if you closed those loopholes, smart folks would find others. It’s always going to be an arms race. The problem now is unilateral disarmament.)

1 Like

Where is the hue and cry from the Tea Party?

Also known as highly regressive taxation.

Um. the Boy Scouts have filed for bankruptcy. Turns out there are a lot pedophiles in that particular organization and the resultant law suits put them under water. And given Trump’s history with sexual misconduct and bankrupting things, maybe it was the Boy Scouts.

2 Likes

Me too

You’ve got a point!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available