Firtash Lawyers diGenova and Toensing Scored A Rare Face-To-Face Meeting With Barr | Talking Points Memo

Two Rudy Giuliani associates scored a rare meeting with Attorney General Bill Barr earlier this year after joining the legal team of a Ukrainian oligarch facing extradition to the United States.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1257546
1 Like

What do they say in the mob world?

Oh yeah

"The Fix is in "

12 Likes

Firtash should switch his strategy and start paying people to find dirt on Trump and Barr. Might be a better use of his money.

20 Likes

In which country did they track Barr down? Nambia?

5 Likes

The corruption of the DOJ is shameful for all to see. If deGenova and Toensing weren’t Fox News contributors they would have never scored a meeting with Barr. Barr would have politely told them to deal with the assigned prosecutors. Shame on Bill Barr, he should be fired and disbarred.

22 Likes

He would certainly get more bang for his buck.

6 Likes
13 Likes

Trump administration putting soap operas to shame.

4 Likes

Bill Barr has earned a reputation of being a crook defending prosecutor, so all mafiosi around the world wants to talk to him.

8 Likes

Trying to imagine a world in which a non-corrupt Attorney General takes a meeting with attorneys for an indicted foreign billionaire oligarch mobster to discuss the merits of the indictment, but I’m coming up empty on that.

19 Likes

Just as the fish finds it hard to imagine water is wet.

2 Likes

We knew he was a snake when we picked him up. Isn’t that the justification for everything Trumpian?

3 Likes

Stunning lack of sophistication. Money doesn’t seem to help

2 Likes

I would imagine there’s more than one extremely unhappy and dissatisfied lawyer in the DOJ these days. Maybe they’ll follow the State Department’s lead.

5 Likes

So much for Trumps ludicrous cover story that he was fighting corruption:

15 Likes

Barr “declined to intercede” in Firtash’s case, in the Post’s words. A Justice Department spokesperson told the Post that the Firtash case “has the support of the department leadership” and that “we continue to work closely with the Austrian Ministry of Justice to extradite Mr. Firtash.”

Something is fishy about the Coverup Gen Barr part…
And as I recall, Quid Pro Quo Version Grenade Giuliani = Absolve Firtash in exchange for Biden Dirt!
So what happens after extradition?

11 Likes

Honest to God. I thought Barr had SOME ethics but…I was wrong.

3 Likes

“Declined to intercede publicly”.

FIFY

Yeah, it’s a meeting that Barr never should have taken. He has no (official) direct involvement in the case. And his involvement (among other things) taints any evidence coming out of Ukraine or environs from that poor sap Durham. (Who should really resign if he knows what’s good for him.)

4 Likes

This is just too good.

12 Likes

I dunno. They’re connected to Firtash. They might have gotten in to see LowBarr anyway.

We only found out about it because they’re visible. Imagine if they’d been under the radar.

6 Likes