Fauci Says It’s’Liberating’ To Be Free From Refuting Trump’s Unfounded COVID-19 Claims | Talking Points Memo

Upon his return to the White House briefing room on Thursday, Dr. Anthony Fauci expressed a sense of relief to work under President Biden after spending the past year refuting former President Trump’s unsubstantiated claims on COVID-19.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1356017
1 Like

Elections have consequences – in this case, good ones.

Don’t ever let anyone tell you that Democrats and Republicans are the same, ever again.

31 Likes

Shorter, coarser Fauci: “Yes, he was a f^cking idiot.”

22 Likes

“I can tell you I take no pleasure at all in being in a situation of contradicting the president, so it was really something that you didn’t feel you could actually say something and there wouldn’t be repercussions about it.”

Was that Fauci speaking or Birx?

8 Likes

Here’s Dr. Fauci in an earlier career move. I mean, he obviously knows his science.

1 Like

BREAKING: Donald “Lysol Injection” Trump, now officially a “Franco is dead” joke, is STILL no longer president and every sane and decent American shares in Dr. Fauci’s relief, joy, elation, euphoria and happiness!

28 Likes

Birx has moved on to a cushy gig in Hollywood – she’s now going to be to the go-to actor when a scene calls for a potted plant standing in the corner.

10 Likes

“It is very clear there were things that were said — be it regarding things like hydroxychloroquine and other things like that — that really was uncomfortable, because they were not based on scientific fact,” Fauci said.

“And don’t even get me started on Dr. Atlas,” Fauci continued. “He was all over the map.”

20 Likes

Wierd

3 Likes

Same for us

2 Likes

Let the “Trump is still not president” jokes begin.

9 Likes

I bet it is.

Trump should be charged with about 300,000 negligent homicides. There are several ex-federal-prosecutors who are making the case for it.

4 Likes

OT - but good for a chuckle. Who does he think he is that he has any input? Schumer needs to get the rules nailed down so Nancy can walk this over.

10 Likes

My only (and minor) complaint is that Dr. Fauci (and others) should substitute ‘truth’ for ‘science’, since that is what Republicans strove to obscure, and since too many of the deplorables hear the words ‘science’ or ‘scientific fact’ and immediately think they are being played in some manner.

You can’t always use the correct words when speaking to an illiterate crowd. You have to choose the words that have a greater impact. Just my opinion on ‘truth’ versus ‘science’.

4 Likes

Well it’s less than 2 weeks away, Dems need time to prepare a commanding prosecution that implicates many Repubs by association, the defense does deserve time to prepare one, and it’s best to give Biden time to get things underway with a full cabinet before revisiting this. It won’t be long, and well worth the brief delay.

5 Likes

Science is just one set of opinions among many. They may be fact-based and massively researched and verified opinions, but who are we to say that the moon really isn’t made of green cheese? Not I.

3 Likes

Fuck this poser! “Give us some time to protect ‘our guy’, won’t you?”

Schumer better not negotiate this. In fact, I say give them nothing and go as high and as far as you can while you have the opportunity.

2 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous. The Moon is made of discarded mylar balloons. Everyone knows that. Geeze.

6 Likes

I see what you did there.

9 Likes

Question: What are the three most wonderful words in the English language today?

Answer: President Joe Biden.

8 Likes