Ex-Pence Chief Of Staff Is Cooperating With Jan. 6 Committee

wonder … if he had departed with the nice people making the offer …

• would he have gone to “live on a farm upstate” ?

• or would he have just gone to a “safe location” for 48 hours … while “order was restored” … and the time designated to do the certification to have expired …

2 Likes

“You get a covid! You get a covid! You get a covid! Look under your chairs!”

1 Like

… and took a different job with the same administration. What a statement of integrity! Boy, he sure showed them what he was made of.

5 Likes

Well he is a Republican, but even he couldn’t stomach Trump’s racist behavior.

3 Likes

I am irresistibly reminded of

“My Lord Tomnoddy’s forehead is not wide:
but there’s plenty of room for the brains inside…”

Trump doesn’t like what anyone says… unless it is fawning ass kissing… then it’s OK.
I read that Meadows says when trump had covid he was so weak he couldn’t lift a briefcase. But that’s for lackey aides to do… not the big man.

2 Likes

Secret Service protection I would assume applies to the veep and family.

Veep gets no SS protection after exiting office.

6 Likes

I would’ve thought they would considering access to classified stuff and all. Well, a normal veep would have access if they worked closely with the POTUS. If the “big cheese” gets protection I would’ve thought his fly bearing toady would as well. But I learn as I go. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes Pence was worried about being whisked away and prevented from returning. It sounds like his team all lost swipe access at a crucial time. I don’t think he suspected any harm would come to himself or family (from Chump, if he got in that car) but Chump had unleashed the mob on the Capitol with Pence as a target and THEY might not have been as restrained.

Regardless of who presided in VP absence, Chump wasn’t looking for proper technical switches and buttons to manipulate. He was looking for ANY reason he could call down a suspension to the official proceedings using whatever intervention he could cook up. And he had willing participants over at DoD who seemed to be playing it minute by minute.

I have asked before, can Secret Service members be forced to tell what they know? I gotta believe that not just on Jan 6, but many other occasions they knew a lot about what was happening and can fill in details.

2 Likes

Yes.

6 Likes

Think about this when regarding
“Army Gen. Charles Flynn and Lt. Gen. Walter Piatt lied to Congress about their inaction during the Capitol insurrection.”

Think about what a knife-edge they may have been walking. Their real goal may have been to send in troops with Martial Law or Insurrection Act powers (two things I know nothing about the mechanics or legalities, full disclosure)

But they are being pressured mightily by all of the proper powers (as opposed to Chump’s illegitimate motivations) to send in troops to stop the mob that was ransacking the Capitol and hunting officials.

How do these guys send in a group to quell the mob when their real motivation was to send in troops to basically do the opposite? What a tightrope, and they couldn’t do both. Or maybe they thought they could, but how do you give two sets of instructions or send in troops to do one thing, then in the chaos have it turn on a dime and become another thing? Flynn and Piatt need some REAL looking in to.

1 Like

Meh…I’m going to go with “fuck congratulating this criminal for doing the bare minimum to maintain a shred of humanity.”

2 Likes

If we’re relying on Mark Short to do anything right, we’re lost.

1 Like

And none of these officials and staff are facing any DOJ scrutiny.

This house investigation is all the Justice we’ll see.

The only DOJ threat is to podium poachers and greedy grifters. The Republican elected officials and staff, who participated in the insurrection, are getting a pass from Merrick.

After Short quit he was offered a job at UVa, but the staff and students protested his hire. Maybe working for Pence was the only thing available?
Katie Walsh left her job as the WH Deputy Chief of Staff after being in that position for 2 months. She came from the RNC, and went to be an advisor to pro-Trump 501©(4), [America First Policies](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_First_Policies and back to the RNC.
I’ve wondered at the time why she left so early, she’s from St. Louis and the local reporting hinted at her not liking how Trump ran the WH.
So I wonder when the books about the serious Republican staffers who either left, left quickly, or stayed and bit their tongues start to come out.

1 Like

Bannon and Meadows are not cooperating with the committee.
Eastman and Clark have announced that they will be invoking their 5th amendment rights.

Marc Short is smarter than all four of them put together.
I can’t insult him any more than that.

7 Likes

Where’s your proof?

I’m assuming that you are bright enough to be aware of the long-standing DoJ policy of not commenting on investigations, or even admitting that investigations exist.

So I ask again—where is your proof?

4 Likes

exactly…this guy is not stupid…IMO; they know exactly what went down on JAN 6., and what was happening at other times…just maybe, the stench off TRUMPF is just too much…they have done well under the ‘system’, maybe they do have a tiny bit of honour left in them. I remember TRUMPF saying he picked PENCE because he looked like a VP…that had to hurt.

2 Likes

This constant naysaying without evidence does get awfully tiresome. I’m as impatient as the next person to see accountability for these traitors, but it does no one any good to screw up the prosecutions.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available