Election Officials’ Code Of Conduct Now Includes Pointers On How To Appear More Human To Extremists

Republicans have been claiming voter fraud by Democrats as an article of faith since forever. Trump has weaponized it, made it foundational to his efforts, and it was easy because the GOP has long since pre-washed its brains.

4 Likes

Mark Coakley did a fine thing, but, of course, it not scalable to the tens of millions of Republicans who always need special treatment. Always the fucking Republicans.

6 Likes

I like to watch votes being counted for some reason.
https://web1.pima.gov/elections/livefeed/
This is live feed here in Tucson of our Presidential Preference election. No fakery going on…
When it’s a presidential election as will happen in November there will be all sorts of activity in the room. The thing is anybody…even trump… will get to watch votes counted and know it’s done fairly and honestly here in Pima County, Arizona

8 Likes

“These are the people we sit next to at worship or that shop at our same grocery store.”

They are my son and your son. They’re my daughter and your daughter, my wife and your wife, my husband and your husband.

They are persons.

6 Likes

No doubt. I think that’s a great idea.

I think Election Day should be a national holiday. Vote or pay a fee. Every voter is in a random drawing to serve, like jury duty.

It would change the culture, and that’s the point.

5 Likes

Did you notice that about three of the articles at TPM(and plenty of other press today) are about the growing threat of violent Christian nationalism? We are in the midst of a coordinated attack on several fronts from pro-fascist groups, Apparently also by the United States Republican Party and SCOTUS who are tearing power away from the citizens and through legal means, giving billionaire corporations rights and also stacking the societal card deck in favor or rule making, judgements adjudicated, and enforcing obedience to the money involved. Who needs workers when the price of machines have come down so much?

The first thing the pro fascist want to do is to remove government professionals who already have direct personal experience dealing with previous fascist regimes. And who can tell people that the dictators are not going to give them what they want. Pehaps I am the last to admit it, but sometimes I do think that the United States has become a shit hole Banana republic due to the mental laziness of the privileged citizens who live here.

2 Likes

They are persons but not my children, spouse or close friends.

1 Like

Yep, they’re my mother. Which drives me crazy. No amount of factual information, logic, or appeal to common human decency breaks through. She no longer supports Dump, but Biden has dementia, so can’t vote for him either. Gonna have to write somebody in. Better than seeing her vote for Dump again, but only halfway better, and the immovable belief that Biden has dementia (despite her having watched the state of the union address!) just boggles my mind.

12 Likes

You’re lucky!

Tell her that only somebody with dementia would write somebody in for president this fall.

3 Likes

Well, I hate wisecracks about dementia, but the thought did occur.

5 Likes

As far as family, yes, we are lucky. But as far as friends are concerned, we seek out people with whom we’re compatible. That doesn’t mean we share identical views. It means our friends are well informed and base their opinions on facts as best they can. They and we try to be open to new ideas and interpretations. We recognize we all have our blind spots, but try our best to be aware of them.

5 Likes

This is the part where some people around me stumble. They try, but their efforts don’t succeed.

2 Likes

In case you are wondering about Marge Taylor’s sanity. Marge was years ahead of the rest of the world on space lasers, which are now a reality. They have come just in time for the 2024 election seasons. SpaceX is selling satellite lasers aka space lasers to all political parties and intelligence agencies. I don’t know anything about SpaceX’s religious affiliations.

1 Like

The extremists need pointers on how to appear human to everyone else. It’s a giant Turing test.

2 Likes

Good I guess. I personally draw the line at sexists racists and nazis. I’m not interested in any outreach to that neighborhood.

3 Likes

It’s always one thing or your mother…

Election Officials Get Pointers On How To Appear More Human To Extremists

This is the topic?

As the extremist stands before them, with a 666 tattoo on his forehead and a holster on his side.

2 Likes

I guess the politically correct position to take nowadays in this conservative world is that every election official must be armed and trained to shoot to kill. Oh, and imbued with absolute immunity.

Clerics should pack guns too. After all, they’re the epitome of “good guys”. Violators would have to be punished very harshly too, right, Donald?

2 Likes

Perhaps Ron Johnson could calm down from Putin’s resounding win this weekend and explain how he got to be the Senate’s original Putinist.

https://x.com/RepJasmine/status/1770540425582915790?s=20

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available