Duncan Hunter Tells Pelosi He’ll Resign Jan. 13 | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) submitted a letter of resignation to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Tuesday. He said he would resign his seat on Jan. 13, 2020. Last month Hunter pleaded guilty to conspiring to use $150,000 in campaign funds on personal expenses.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1283267
1 Like

Well, that’s a lucky number.

8 Likes

You still here? ~ Nancy Pelosi

14 Likes

I wonder how he’ll cash in. Might be too much of a meathead for K Street. Professional idiot on Fox News?

10 Likes

And register to run for his old congressional seat on the 14th.

I was thinking maybe he’d stick it out to the SOTU and pull some outburst stunt. Oh well…

3 Likes

Every paycheck counts! Does he get a pension? Keeps his health insurance?

4 Likes

How can we miss you if you won’t go away?

8 Likes

Gigolo

1 Like

Your OneWordAnswer™: Yes.

Your OneWordAnswer™: Yes.

7 Likes

It’s about time, asshole!

2 Likes

I see he’s enhanced Rudy’s old noun-verb-9/11 maneuver by adding in war criminals. What a freaking piece of work. The very epitome of 21st-Century Republicanism.

7 Likes

The Democrats should introduce a bill in Duncan Hunter’s name to change that to No.

8 Likes

He said he would resign his seat effective Jan. 13.

He needs the extra two weeks pay for ramen* money.

*Fun Fact: When prisons outlawed cigarettes, commissary items quickly replaced them as “legal” currency. Ramen immediately became a favorite tender for trading purposes.

6 Likes

Every last one of his constituents should personally sue him for civil fraud. And now that I think about it, I can think of several hundred assholes who should be in the same boat.

You know what, Michael Grimm and he should BOTH be fined for the cost of the special elections that had to be held to fill their seats after they were indicted, both denied it, ran for their offices and got re-elected and THEN pled guilty. Civil fraud is right.

ETA My daughter said the constituencies of both congressmen knew that they were under indictment and in Hunter’s case knew about his personal use of the money so it is only fair that the taxpayers of both districts pay.

I still think that sucks.

6 Likes

According to the LAT. Yes.

Dear Rep Hunter,

Thank you for your letter of January 7th.

Now fuck off.

Nancy Pelosi

2 Likes

His seat is in the reddest of the red. Don’t expect it to flip.

Yes, we need to see more of Eddie Gallagher. His appearances with the wife and Moron and Mel aren’t nearly enough, nor are his appearances at Moron’s rallies.

6 Likes