Dominion Worker Sues Trump Campaign, Newsmax, OANN Following Death Threats | Talking Points Memo

NEW YORK (AP) — An election systems worker driven into hiding by death threats has filed a defamation lawsuit against President Donald Trump’s campaign, two of its lawyers and some conservative media figures and outlets.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1350684
1 Like

Hopefully Trump hires Sidney Powell to lead his defense team.

15 Likes

It’s interesting that Dr. Coomer, the Dominion executive, has sued some of the weaker links in the chain of misinformation. He sued the DJT campaign, Giuliani and Powell, some well-known web pundits, and small networks like NewsMax and OANN (and reporters). He did not sue Fox or any of their heavy hitting hosts.

I think this is a good strategic choice. The current crop of defendants don’t have as many legal and financial resources as Fox and friends. And this lawsuit is an existential threat to them. It may be easier to beat them into submission. And he can always add the other folks down the line if he wants to.

(BTW, Coomer’s description of what the defendant’s flimsy claims have done to his life is horrific.)

24 Likes

Suing the Trump campaign is sadly, going to be a useless gesture. It will be shut down by the time this gets to court, and even if still in existence, the money is already long gone.

I also suspect there is a long line of creditors already from various municipalities and facility manager waiting to be paid for Trump rallies.

They also don’t have the deep pockets of Fox, when it comes time to discuss settlements.

7 Likes

NOT if Trump announces he is running for 2024 Presidency.

This poor guy.

The originator of the story appears REALLY reprehensible here.

10 Likes

True, although there’s probably seven figures in there somewhere.

Anyway, I look at this like a criminal conspiracy prosecution. Hook the little fish first, then roll it up.

14 Likes

8 Likes

These ‘hacked election’ fucks need to be screwed to the wall: they unconscionably ruin and endanger peoples lives in pursuit of their personal and political agendas.
I welcome any and all efforts to call them to account before a court of law and hope at least one plaintiff will be able to wring every last cent from their bank books and wallets.
Unfortunately, we’ve reached a pass where no other road can lead back to a politics based on common understandings and their mutual acceptance.

13 Likes

25 Likes

Smother the SOB’s in lawsuits.

13 Likes

Yes, sue the bastards.
Even if it goes nowhere, make them pay with legal costs and sleepless nights.
You just can’t pull this shite and get away with it.

13 Likes

My only suggestion is that the bastards get sued in BOTH federal AND state courts.
That way a corrupt pardon doesn’t provide total relief for those who slandered/libeled.

8 Likes

11 Likes

These personal attacks on public figures doing their jobs is disgusting and sickening, and I hope these lawsuits are have a real impact and enforce some consequences on the perpetrators.

6 Likes

I hope he sues the fuck out of them. Michele Malkin is one of the most vile hateful putrid excuses for human flesh. I hope he bankrupts them all.

10 Likes

This sounds like one of the most slam-dunk defamation wins I have ever seen. I wish the complaint was attached, but the biggest question to my mind is whether he will be able to extract whatever these assholes can afford to pay him to go away or whether he will bankrupt them.

Helpful hint: Being the first asshole to settle and cooperate can get you a significant discount.

ETA: Denver is also a pretty favorable jury pool. I really wish the story named the lawyer/law firm who filed this!

15 Likes

There is this:

And this:

And finally this:

12 Likes

Cain and Skarnulis in Denver District Court.

5 Likes

They’re out of Austin, but I don’t know any of them anyway, :frowning:

3 Likes

This lawsuit was filed in a Denver court.

Nothing federal about it.

3 Likes