Discussion:

Do you suppose that even one of the morons who work for this moron could have informed him that SOUTH Korea ALSO has a “compulsory National Health Insurance (NHI)” program?

This is slightly off topic but there was no perfect place to put this:

One does not hear of democrats trying to out do each other in the delivery of derpish bloviation as we see consistently coming from republicans. On a mostly daily basis BS is delivered for public consumption. One could devote entire web sites to nothing else than listing the incredibly asinine comments coming from professional conservative politicians.
Example. Just less than an hour ago on NPR I heard Marco Rubio say “Republicans are having no trouble fielding high quality honorable candidates for President. The democrats are having trouble fielding even one.”.

Lets dissect this comment.
Freshman Senator Cruz compares himself to Galileo
Jeb Bush calls himself “a seriously conservative candidate”
Scott Walker…well where to begin??

And on the democratic side we have Hillary Clinton who has been a Senator, and Secretary of State in addition to First Lady. Polls place her well ahead in any republican vs democratic match up.

So taken together I’d say that Rubio is talking out his ass.

1 Like

To this Republican creep, buying medical insurance on the open market exchange, which is what the Affordable Care Act is all about, is the opposite of free enterprise. There is no end to the idiocy that the GOP feeds their white racist base, and there is no end to the idiocy their white racist base believes.

From Brat’s wikipedia page:

“From 2010 to 2012 Brat headed Randolph-Macon’s BB&T Moral
Foundations of Capitalism program, one of sixty similar programs and
chairs in the philosophy and economics departments at United States
universities devoted to the study of capitalism and morality, endowed by
the BB&T Corporation.[11][12][13][14]”

I would think that morality and capitalism are quite separate things. But it looks as though there are a lot of people who want to conflate the two.
It’s disturbing to me how many of the newer crop of representatives and senators don’t see America as a secular nation but rather a rigorously Christian one to the exclusion of all other religions and atheism as well.

If’n you ain’t a protestant type Christian you ain’t no real 'Murican BY GOD!! Gimme my gun back!!

2 Likes

What you ask would require that his assistants should think.

No, the ACA makes us a lot more like the Wetern Krzpoolian Island Federation on the planet Blyffnoobalqwatzl in Star System #A2593396264 in the second most outward spiral of the galaxy Andromeda.

How would I know? If I’d been there!

Have I been there? I have … been there the exact same number of times as Rep. Brat (R-Va) has been to North Korea.

I think Brat hasn’t any idea how Obamacare operates.

1 Like

What is one national policy shared by the UK, Israel, Japan, Taiwan, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand and Switzerland?

Hint: It makes all of them more like North Korea. And that’s just a partial list.

He doesn’t know his ass from his elbow about our economy, either. His statement “We have poverty on the rise because we’re moving away from free markets" indicates a mind-boggling ignorance of our own economic history. Like all Republican conservatives, Brat lives in a fact-free fantasy world where all Americans were prosperous, land-owning, Plato-spouting yeoman up until FDR started regulating the economy.

He’s a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Just a little reminder to everyone, from [the Congressman’s official web page][1]:

He has a masters of divinity degree from Princeton Theological Seminary and a Ph.D. in economics from American University.  He worked for the World Bank assisting developing world economies and in the private sector for Arthur Andersen before he became a professor of economics and chairman of the economics department at Randolph Macon College.

Just in case any of you had in mind to send a son or daughter to major in economics at Randolph Macon College.
[1]: http://brat.house.gov/about/full-biography

And he’s laughing all the way to the bank and at Virginia voters.

Wow.

Brat lives his life in the old fashioned way… like his father taught him. I can hear the old man now, pulling the young Brat to his side and saying, “Son, don’t ever let your stupidity get in the way of your ambition… join the Republican Party and make your abject ignorance work for you.”

2 Likes

Hey Brat!

Rodman on line 2 to firm up details on y’alls trip to NK…

So he isn’t really an economics professor, he just plays one in his madrassa? So much for the value of a PhD from American University. I guess he also believes in the Christian version of Sharia law.

2 Likes

I want Congressman Brat to show us where those FEMA concentration camps are that his Pal Alex Jones says are all over the country!

He knows it was signed into law by a black president, which, if it gets around to that blacks can do stuff that’s competent and useful and maybe never was done a white president, is just going to encourage the idea that white people aren’t in fact chosen by Jeebus and God to rule over all others, and otherwise lead more generally to uppityness.

The amazingly incredible fact is this guy (Brat) has a Ph. D. in economics.

1 Like

I poked the wrong button to make a comment so here goes again:

Mr Brat, there are good reasons why Korea and especially the northern part of that peninsula is called “the Hermit Kingdom”.
But based on your comments in the article, Sir, it looks like you don’t
know very much at all about Korea in general. It may behoove you to
take a “fact finding” junket over there before you open your pie hole
again on the subject.

It’s 79.56 for the US. But that’s still worse than all the countries with health insurance/health care systems.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available