Discussion: Zinke: Taking Down Confederate Statues Will Upset ‘Native Indians’

Even more complicated/ironic because the Cherokee had adopted a constitution allowing slavery in significant part because their nation overlapped with the state of Georgia and they were doing their best to fit in and even assimilate before they were all thrown out.

No one is erasing history, Mr. Zinke. I’m going to go out on a limb and state that you do not speak for Native Americans, Mr. Zinke.

1 Like

Books? How do spell that?

What the he’ll does the Viet Cong have to do with this?

It just pegs the irony meter when Zinke says he is opposed to the removal of “monuments” while at the same time he is instrumental in Trump’s political vendetta against National Monuments proclaimed by Presidents Clinton and Obama.

1 Like

We must keep monuments to traitorous swine that hated the flag and the anthem? Well, they WERE white so that makes it OK.

I want a statue of Sherman this size in EVERY Confederate capital (that little nub on the bottom right is a person):

1 Like

Oh hey – he might have used statistics.

Almost 75% of people who cite statistics to support an argument make them up on the spot.

1 Like

I don’t think the Sons Of Union Veterans has enough money for that. The UDC and other private organizations paid for most of the Confederate monuments that are not on battlefields.

Wouldn’t native Indians be more concerned about British Colonial statues ?

We need a pair of very prominent Sherman statues - one in Atlanta and another in Savannah to mark the beginning and end of Sherman’s March to the Sea!

The irony is that Sherman went to Atlanta to try and force a decisive battle with the CSA’s Army of the Tennessee, to keep them from trying to head north and reinforce Lee. When they refused to stand and fight, Sherman then decided to march to the sea.

After the war, veterans of the Army of the Tennessee went on to found the KKK. The “Confederate Flag” being waved in Charlottesville isn’t the national flag of the Confederacy - it’s the battle ensign of the Army of the Tennessee.

2 Likes

I’m an American Indian; and, not one confederate statue means anything to me. Take 'em down. They represent that slavery was okay. Take 'em down, now.

1 Like

Why are ther so many f*cking retards in government now?

Merriam-Webster definition of “Showboat”
1 :a river steamship containing a theater and carrying a troupe of actors to give plays at river communities
2 :one who tries to attract attention by conspicuous behavior

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/02/518152247/new-interior-secretary-rides-a-horse-to-first-day-on-the-job

My “Native Indian” line, from upstate NY (probably fought for the French in French & Indian War) fought for the Union. I doubt they thought much of Lee or Jefferson Davis.

1 Like

Since when does he care about native Indians…?

What the Yankees did to 'em wasn’t Cricket.

1 Like

What we need is several statues of Zinke: the man who hated clean air and clean water. If we don’t put up those statues, we’ll never learn from history.

1 Like

You know, I’d even sign a petition to enact your suggestion.

Even if they only put the first 3 lines in…

This is the funniest thing that I’ve ever seen. Since when has the Murikan gubment given a damn about what offends the Murikan 1st Nations? I have never seen a more ignorant and stupid Murikan administration

It’s called a parable. Figure it out.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available