Discussion: Zinke Insisted On Having His Christmas Party Before Being Booted

No matter how hard I try, my mind just can’t boggle anymore. Its too exhausted.

10 Likes

They do fit the pattern of rich morons: the type of people who know for a fact that they are vastly superior to the rest of humanity, and that the rest of humanity is a herd of grunting animals which need to be culled. Really.

2 Likes

I know he’s not into recycling, but I"m thinking those blood red trees from the white house would have been appropriate for this celebration of christ’s birth in a stable.

2 Likes

Or been shot by one of those fine Trump boys.

2 Likes

I’m sure it goes without saying that in the final reel, you always villiansplain your evil plan in great detail.

9 Likes

Mmmwaaahahahahah. Yes, my dear Mr. Bond, as you can see from this incredibly elaborate and detailed 3-D holographic image projected over this titanium dining table, I, and a picked band of squirrels, will descend upon the nations’s parks and kill all the litterbugs.
Then, we will demand a ransom of a million pounds of walnuts from the world’s governments.
Now, will you have a little more of the mashed potatoes?

8 Likes

This, 100 times.

Right after President Obama took out Osama Bin Laden, there were a series of Right Wing GOP moves to minimize the accomplishment. One of course was to claim that GWB actually deserved credit. That generated a ton of laughs. But there was a documentary on what is now American Hero Network, which was then The Military Channel. And it featured several anti Obama talking heads, most prominent of which was Ryan Zinke, then a Montana State Legislator and of course, Former Navy Seal. I didnt have a DVR and I wish I had taped it. But he was essentially using the Navy Seal credential to make a national name for himself and he was actually critical of President Obama for the Navy Seal deployment. I wish I remember more of it.

5 Likes

Zinke is the kind of person who steals hotel ash trays. Then gives them away as Xmas presents.

4 Likes

On the grift right to the very end, idn’t he? The effing Santa hat is a nice touch.

In a just world, he’d be put up against a wall and shot, like the Chinese Communist periodically used to do to make an example of “corruption.” I pray his departure doesn’t stop a massive investigation of him, and his just-as-corrupt successor.

2 Likes

I don’t know the details of Interior’s “morale support activities” policies, but in my (100 or so Federal employees) organization we either sold tickets to an event like this, or held a potluck. We didn’t have a pool of organization cash to draw from. (Our highest local exec was a bottom-level SES)

At the next higher level, for our organization picnic (multiple offices, around 300 people) we were allowed to spend up to one dollar per employee. This was more of a budget-tracking exercise - we also had to “lease” the picnic grounds at our facility and that’s where most of the money went. Food, games for kids, etc., had to be funded via ticket sales.

Even if Interior has a generous entertainment budget for their headquarters suite, having lobbyists there would seem to be against ethics rules.

7 Likes

Poor Ryan. He’s forced out, but before he hits the door the New York Times editorial board kicks him in the ass.

3 Likes

Well, that’s how they funded it then, lobbyists buying “tickets”. Pay for play. Merry Christmas.

He has “I’m a Dickhead” plastered across his face. What an awful person.

Hey, don’t make me get out my Evil Overlord List.

2 Likes

Just to clarify, I have nothing against the horse that Zinke rode in on.

5 Likes

Wow, this could be the understatement of this administration. Something to carve on each of their headstones…

2 Likes

I hope and pray that there are a number of long term Federal employees at the DOI have been keeping track of all the illegal crap that Zinke has been pulling. I know that I would have done that, and now with the Dems in control, they can send it all to the appropriate Congressional committee(s). They need to make an example of scum like Zinke to make it less likely that it will happen again.

3 Likes

A “stuffed” polar bear? How does Zinke plan to secure a job with an environmental terrorism company with that cuddly thing? Couldn’t he get a freshly killed real polar bear (bravely killed from a helicopter, in full view of Russia, by a high-powered rifle courtesy of Caribou Barbie) holding an ice cube? (Take that!! Polar bear.)
Well, don’t expect any offers from logging companies, and frackers. Pussy!!

Only the best people, we were promised.

I hear you. Like Roy Moore’s horse, Zinke’s (whether actual or metaphor) should be held blameless for Z’s bullshit shenanigans.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available