Discussion: WHY WAS BARR THE DECIDER? Legal Experts Puzzled By Attorney General's Obstruction Decision

Most people aren’t playing anything is my point - they are getting on with their lives. They just want normal.

Who is talking about playing nice and what do you have in mind when you say not to play nice?

3 Likes

Other contacts between Trump associates and Russians, such as Trump’s Moscow tower project and Michael Flynn’s secret talks about easing sanctions, have been set aside.

I wonder if these matters have been “set aside,” referred elsewhere, or are left to Congress to investigate… Both are betrayals of the country.

6 Likes

Gen. Clayton:
Stoner? Oh yes, yes. He’s doing a bang-up job for COMSERVPAC, in Honolulu.

Trapper:
Uh-oh.

Hawkeye:
Put all your fragments in your COMSERVPAC and smile, smile, smile.

I’ve got to hand it to you, General.
You buried the evidence, you got rid of the guy who knew the evidence, and now if we press this, you’ll take away our breathing privileges.

• Well done, General.
  • Take another star out of petty cash.

Kiss it goodbye America. If this is allowed to stand.
Even well-off whites are realizing their tuition, mortgage tax breaks are gone now. Rich people who play Oligarchopoly might be spared the coming ignominy but that is all.

4 Likes

When people criticize folks like Cummings and Nadler as being “too slow” it says to me that “careful” does not mean that much to them.

Mueller has laid down the foundation for being called to testify before Congress. And that is about as even-handed, careful and effective as you can get.

He is also aware that the Report can get leaked (even more effective :laughing:)

4 Likes

One more simple question: aren’t the republican party and trump the same thing?

1 Like

Did you say Catch 22? Trump IS the epitome of Catch 22. He has turned the GOP brand into something unrecognizable.

“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.” - Joseph Heller

11 Likes

I am hoping that the House waited for the report to be released before issuing subpoenas and will continue to proceed in an orderly and unimpeachable fashion.

3 Likes

I believe that @cervantes is agreeing with you. As do I.

1 Like

The short of allthis is: no impeachment because Nancy won’t let it happen.

Dems better focus on the good things they will do if elected because Teflon Don appears to be exactly that.

What a world.

2 Likes

John Dean says Barr put lipstick on the report, may be hiding something ugly.

10 Likes

And it may not hurt for constituents to stiffen various spines by sending messages of support for continuing oversight.

4 Likes

Difficult to believe that Heller wasn’t actually speaking of Trump!

Thanks much for the comment.

5 Likes

That’s copout bullshit. Nothing I’ve said and none of my analysis of the fallout from this espouses or adopts anything they are saying. I’m drawing my conclusions and making my assessments as an objective observer and consistent with many of the things I’ve said all along, particularly that NOTHING IS OFF LIMITS FOR THESE PEOPLE ANY MORE. There are literally no rules and no laws that they believe must be followed and cannot be worked around, flouted or completely ignored while carefully fabricating the appearance of having followed them where necessary…or just saying fuck it, doing what they want openly and then relying on cultural resentment propaganda to justify/excuse it when they feel like it.

That I mention or base some of my analysis on what the GOP/Trump will do and say is not because they’r ein MY head, but because they’re in a large part of the public’s heads. Add in that the entire MSM is completely and utterly complicit…either through gross negligence or deliberate propaganda…and their reporting so far has done nothing but absolve Trump and pitch that he’s been exonerated and found innocent of ANY wrongdoing, and you’ve got the perfect storm for this doing maximal damage to the country and to the Dems in 2020.

Barr was conflicted out of this shit from the get go because of his letter and his son in law’s appointment as one of Trump’s legal advisors. Rosenstein was not only a witness to, but a PARTICIPANT in, some of the behavior at issue with respect to obstruction and was therefore conflicted out of making this decision as well. That we are seeing both of them magically come together to reach the conclusion that no obstruction occurred based on a VERY questionable legal standard for obstruction is an undeniable ethical violation and the fact that the ABA and Bars across the country aren’t up in arms about it IS BECAUSE THE FIX IS IN.

8 Likes

You have to have clear evidence of a crime to even think of impeachment and apparently its split down the middle. We don’t have the Senate, so we better get focused on winning in 2020 and boy, you think Drumpf was nasty before?

6 Likes

I don’t want to speak for SR, but one thing that comes to mind is for Chairman Neal of Ways and Means to use his lawful authority to demand DT’s tax returns NOW. He seems reluctant to do so (unless I’ve missed something recently), and there’s no reason to wait.

5 Likes

And you don’t need me to point out that such a position is legally and morally incoherent.

3 Likes

I agree, and I really wanted to know what was meant by not playing nice because I didn’t think we were.

I’m not trying to be mean and contradict sr.

2 Likes

Breaking news on CNN: Mueller told Barr and Rosenstein three weeks ago that he couldn’t reach a conclusion, which means Barr had a head’s up in n how to spin things.

6 Likes

I disagree. He’s a logical extension of the party that fully supported the war in Iraq (that most of them knew was built on lies) and a senate that made up a rule as an excuse not to hold a hearing on a supreme court nominee.

4 Likes

If that’s true, then it just confirms what others have said: Barr applied for the job with his letter critical of Mueller, lied in his confirmation, then put the report in the best light possible. In short, he’s a total whore defending the worst president in modern times. He couldn’t care less of his place in history. A man totally without principle.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available