Discussion: Who Was In The Fateful Meeting That Rick Gates Lied To Mueller About?

I so want to see Rohabacher be taken down! I an so tired of this traitorous asshole running amok and kissing Putin’s ass in public.

4 Likes

That’s right. And what Ryan called “the family” might be better termed The Family. We don’t talk about The Family.

1 Like

9 Likes

This thread made me feel really young. I was a kid when Watergate ‘dropped’ and Nixon resigned around my birthday. I can almost smell the burning wax of the birthday candles.

2 Likes

Totally OT, but a real laugh-fest.

8 Likes

School trip of 3rd grade to go to railroad depot and wave at Eisenhower as he went by on a train to Seattle. He stayed in the train car though.

2 Likes

When you say Vin Weber, you are of course referring to THE Vin Weber, infamous co-architect with Newt Gingrich of the 1994 Republican Congressional “Revolution” and its “Contract for America,” prominent participant in House banking scandal, signer of the PNAC letter, pre-subprime mortgage crisis protector of Freddie Mac, and one-time lobbyist for Vladimir Putin’s Gazprom?

Why he’s got more scandal tracks on his arms than White House senior consiglieri Don McGahn II, one-time chief counsel of the National Republican Congressional Committee who helped then House Majority Leader Tom “The Hammer” DeLay manage the fallout from a Russian oil interest pay-to-play scheme tied to that infamous locus of corruption, Jack Abramoff, who reputedly was responsible for selling Rep. Dana Rohrabacher to Vladimir Putin, and may well have delivered Donald Trump to him as well.

Nothing happens in isolation.

7 Likes

In our youth we all probably dropped our drawers at the drop of a hat.

Old people stuff: So, I watched Eisenhower’s first inauguration on a neighbor’s fuzzy TV when I was in 3rd grade. (Our class got the morning off for this. I suspect our teacher was a Republican…) Skipped a day of high school to watch Kennedy’s motorcade pass by our house on the way to UC’s Greek Theater.

(Ours was a “no TV” household until the Watergate hearings - by then I was long gone. My super intellectual mom became enamored of Star Trek reruns, and she got a bigger TV to replace the tiny desktop model.)

4 Likes

I have no doubt that were sound legal reasons to charge Gates for lying at the proffer meeting. But I also suspect that, as with the detail evident in the indictment of the 13 Russians, another very valid purpose was served: Putting Trump allies, lackeys, relatives, etc. on notice that the Mueller has access to all sorts of tools and information that can demonstrate if they lie to him and that, if they do, they will be indicted for doing so.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Do you remember the connection between Nunes and Rohrabacher?

4 Likes

Of course it isn’t dirty by the time he gets it = it’s been laundered all clean.

1 Like

Micro-Penis, as in needing scanning electron microscope to detect.

1 Like

Nothing in Isolation, and little unseen-
Mueller left private practice 1995, had he been watching this crowd?
joined the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia in 1995

5 Likes

O/T: Is anyone else having the same problem I am, with the Editor’s Blog article title “The Big Picture: A Desperate Man”, and Warren Zevon’s Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money starting up in the back of the brain?

Now I’m hiding in Honduras, I’m a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money; the shit has hit the fan

5 Likes

No, what is it?

I got to see Eisenhower as he slowly drove by, standing in an open top convertible. I had time for direct eye to eye contact and a nod in my direction along with a deliberate wave at me along with my folks and sister as we stood by the street as a family unit. It was one of those kinds of moments one does not forget. Of course he forgot within minutes.

1 Like

[quote=“khyber900, post:9, topic:68940, full:true”]
So Gates lied on Feb 1 while he was making a proffer.[/quote]

Boggles the mind, doesn’t it?

1 Like

Trump first started talking publicly about running for president in 1998, when Jack Abramoff was shuttling US lawmakers to and from Moscow on fam(iliarization) trips on behalf of Russia’s oil oligarchs. This was not a coincidence.

But the darkness goes considerably farther back than the late '90s, and involves many very familiar faces. In reverse chronological order:

https://www.theatlantic.com%2Fmagazine%2Farchive%2F2018%2F03%2Fpaul-manafort-american-hustler%2F550925%2F

http://www.bluedotdaily.com/yes-trumps-russian-scandal-is-real-and-it-all-traces-back-to-one-guy-tgr/

http://thegopwatchdog.com/the-untold-story-of-jack-abramoffs-russia-collusion/

http://www.bluedotdaily.com/yes-trumps-russian-scandal-is-real-and-it-all-traces-back-to-one-guy-tgr/

As I’ve said many, many times: the Russian influence scandal leads everywhere. In one way or another, everyone at the national level in the Republican Party is involved. Everyone.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available