Discussion: White Nationalists Interrupt Psychiatrist's Talk At D.C. Bookstore

1 Like

It’s an infection and I’ll be damned if it’s going to kill what we’ve built here in the last 200 years.

49 Likes

You would have the white working class trade their homeland for handouts,” the man said.

“But we, as nationalists and identitarians, can offer the workers of this country a homeland, their birthright, in addition to health care, good jobs and so forth.”

As they were booed by attendees, the white nationalists chanted “This land is our land” until they left the store

#ThisEraIsExtremelyStupid

#historyisalwayspresent

22 Likes

Not a very sharp group. They’d have done well to sit down, shut up and actually listen to someone who is trying to help.

24 Likes

No one tell them Woody Guthrie was a communist.

44 Likes

At base, this small group of inarticulate, disaffected youth are little better than white trash.

14 Likes

Fascists.

14 Likes

Given the low percentage of women who are involved in white nationalism, their nation is going to die out almost as quickly as the shaker religion.

31 Likes

This group needs a good shrink . . . oh, wait.

18 Likes

Lived in DC and MD for a long time - pretty Comet Ping Pong Pizza (remember, where Hillary had a child sex ring in the basement that doesn’t exist?) is in the same strip center as Politics & Prose. Love that bookstore - met Gore Vidal there …

21 Likes

Not exactly the group to continue their bloodlines on the evolutionary time line.

And what is with bullhorn guy’s attire and haircut? The fascist look is…awkward. As always.

17 Likes

OR that his guitar said: “This instrument kills fascists” on it

31 Likes

These are Trump voters. They’ll vote for him again. Are there enough of them? I hope not.

18 Likes

Jealous!

Apparently he and I were related in some way because my mother’s family is a branch of the Burr family.

6 Likes

They’ll vote for him IF they remember to register, they remember to vote, they decide to give a fuck.

They don’t love him. The alt-rt really doesn’t love him.

5 Likes

The shakers lasted about 200 years. They recruited. I hope they don’t serve as any kind of model for these dangerous loons. (OK, they could adopt the shakers’ radical equality, nonviolence and willing to accept others, but then they wouldn’t be white supremacists any more.)

I particularly despise these people because they tempt me to violence.

14 Likes

Who even wrote a song trashing Trump’s father Fred. From the title and thesis of the authors book they seem to be providing his point.

8 Likes

Pretty ballsy, invading a bookstore. The patrons might have started pelting them with lemon squares and Pema Chodron books at any moment but they held their ground.

26 Likes

Only way to stop a bad guy with a bullhorn is a good guy with a lemon square.

30 Likes

:joy: :joy:

I think Pema would take issue with her books being used as projectiles. hahahahahaha

5 Likes